1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

‘Can I have a P, please, Bob?’

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

2. winrew

winrew GILF

My Wife came home she said,"Bob Holness, is dead",

I said,"Who's that?",

She said,"He was in Blockbuster's",

I said,"bloody hell ,how long was the queue?".

:embarassed
    kompressaur likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

jeez, they're out already lol.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Can I have a R.I.P please Bob.....
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I think everybody loved Bob, I used to like it as a kid too but hated those soft cnuts that used to take those shitty little mascots on for good luck, not so much the girls but the majority of them were lads about the same age as me and i used to think 'WTF!'.

Blockbusters during the week and Bullseye at weekends, now thats what i call telly.
    Kegman likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Your not wrong slick.

Great, smashing, super !!!
  7. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Robert Robinson without the snide,he had the common touch,yet remained a true gentleman.
  8. Betfly

Betfly Member

Ask the family! Feck i forot about that , we used to watch that & Superstars!

RIP Bob!

Always funny when they wanted a P!!
  9. Steve_uk

Television has deteriorated and decayed over the years to to point where meaningful discourse on soap operas has dissipated, contracted into ever shorter scenes,superseded by the jabbering of John Humphreys on the Mastermind programme mid-way in the show in a manner which would never have happened in Magnus Magnusson's day,leaving one surprised that there is any room at all to pose questions to the contestants relevant to the purpose of the show. Decay has spread to similar shows which seek to inform as well as entertain,and one longs for the days of John,Val and Pete on Blue Peter,Bamber Gascoigne on University Challenge and Robin Day on Question Time.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Does one? Then one is a sad cunt.
  11. Steve_uk

Whilst I would be the last to recommend that people experience a surfeit of television,those programmes mentioned were educational,well -presented and did broaden the horizon to some extent. I read recently that today's BBC viewers are subjected to 13,000 hours of repeats including Dad's Army,'Allo 'Allo and The Good Life. Whilst I personally have a diverse diet of entertainment including my piano,a library of books and recorded music from a variety of sources,it is those people from the lower socio-economic spectrum who are most dependent on the medium of television in this era of economic downturn,and will suffer hardest as a consequence.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You are wrong Steve. Viewers are not "subjected to 13,000 hours of repeats" at all. Or if they are,I've never heard of them. where are these mysterious viewers? guantanamo Bay? where exactly are they being held and subjected to all these repeats?

I suspect you mean that viewers now have the opportunity to relive some of their old favourites. An opportunity that their parents might have quite liked to have had if they had had the choice. Of course putting it like that doesn't quite fit into your ceaseless mantra that the poor old working man has never had it so bad does it?
  13. Steve_uk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...igh-13-000-hours-Allo-Allo-The-Good-Life.html
    Did I upload this correctly? Really,the idea that people are sitting snugly on an armchair with "the opportunity to relive some of their old favourites",when these shows have been repeated ad nauseum since 1975,and I mouth the script of Captain Mainwaring along with him whenever it's on at the home of one of my relatives..
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I objected to your emotive use of the word "subjected". It's fucking rubbish. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch any of them are they?
  15. wesmynes

wesmynes THE TITLE'S NOT WON IN OCTOBER REMEMBER!!

haha!! that made one laugh!
  16. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Think you missed 'and one likes to post random crap on a gambling forum' off your list.