1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

10/1 or more

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by SAMOAN, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

RIVIERE ARGENTEE (11/4 Bet365) & CLEMENTO (11/2 BetBright), are up against each other again in the 7.10 at Muss'.

I know they're not 10/1 or more, but they're well worthy of a follow up, i reckon. I've gone level stakes on the pair.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Chelmsford 6.50

Taking a couple of 14/1 chances, each way.

GUARDSMAN & REFRAIN

GAURDSMAN looks to be the stable second string to the favourite but i'm taking a chance the favourite may need the run.

Despite finishing 10/10 lto and beaten 13lths, I'd say REFRAIN has a better chance and i've had a little bit more on this one.
    Ran too green in a decent race, on his debut in December but if he's come on at home since then, then he may have a chance. What i like more though is that trainer M.Stoute is having a decent fortnight with 5 wins from 31 races, including a winner and 3 seconds from 4 runs yesterday. Of those 31 runs, todays jockey William Buick only rode for him once... a winner at 14/1
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Good Luck Punt. South African picks first today as all are at big prices -

3.40 Greyville - NIKIYA - Fair effort in her trial and does look nicely enough bred at 33's.

4.15 Greyville - DIVINE PATH and THOMAS JEFFERSON - Odds on FAV is unraced, so taking a punt on these 2 possible improvers at 50's and 66's respectively.

4.50 Greyville - DOUBLE DUEL - Weak looking Maiden and DD has been a single figure price on 2 of last 3 starts. 50/1 today and worth a small EW at that price as I do think he will be ridden with more restraint today and will get home.

6.45 Greyville - TWICE AS SMART - Tough to beat the FAV of level weights, but for me should not be the 5th Favourite. For me 10's would have been more appropriate, so more than happy playing at 20's.

8.25 Greyville - GOOD LORD PADMORE - Slow away and did not appreciate the rain soaked poly last time. Plenty to like about debut effort though and can hopefully get back on track today at 50's
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

6.40 Cheltenham - ASOCKASTAR - Once useful over in Ireland and hoping enough ability remains in Hunter Chases at 66's.

7.30 Newcastle - GOLDEN STEPS - Interesting now significantly upped in trip at 20's.

8.05 Newcastle - MESHARDAL - Fair recent form and cheekpieces back on at 10's.

8.15 Cork - DANTESS - Nicely bred sort, who was pulled up on sole start. Has been away from the track for over a year, but don't mind taking a risk at 50's.
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Saturday 5th May

As is the norm nowadays, live coverage from South Africa on ATTHERACES, along with Towcester dogs and probably some Greyhound Derby chat -

10.35 Turffontein - FIRE SIDE - 7 Runners, so not ideal, but looking to get the 4's on shot beat with this one at 10's.

11.05 Turffontein - DUAMUTEF - Handy on debut before weakening late on and can improve for that run at 33's.

11.40 Turffontein - CASUAL WEAR - Both 2nd's read well and whilst a tad to find this company, should be able to get involved at 16's.

12.50 Turffontein - WINTER'S FORGE - Always seems to improve this time of Year and visiting top jockey Richie Fourie takes the ride. Early 20's just looks too big and can see this one going off in the 10's - 14's range.

2.00 Turffontein - CASH TIME - Going with this one in the SA Derby as I do feel he will relish the step up in trip. Much the toughest race he has been involved in, but for me has EW potential at 12's.

2.35 Turffontein - WRECKING BALL - Naafer might just still need it, but holds a solid chance at a no wiggle room 8's. WB has a squeak at the weights and is generally a brave sort and tends to run his race. Officially held by the 2nd FAV, but not as much as 9/2 against 50/1 suggests.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

11.15 Mauritius - LE CLOS - Rare bet here and only looked at the race because I saw the name Darryl Holland. Did improve last time, so certainly not an impossible winner at 25's.
  7. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3.35 Newmarket - TIP TWO WIN - For me, not that much to find and certainly not as much as 50's suggests.

5.15 Doncaster - GEORGE BOWEN - Early drift an obvious worry and probably not achieved as much as he should. Back down to last winning mark however and tough one to ignore at 11's.

5.45 Wexford - LADY SUE - Nicely bred newcomer at 22's.

5.50 Doncaster - MARK'S CHOICE - Stable's first juvenile runner of the year, but happy taking a chance on this nicely bred sort at 18's.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck today Samoan. Just the one 10/1 or more, for me today. Have done a few others with it though...

Newmarket
    1.50 OASIS CHARM @ 9.00
    2.20 JUMIRA BRIDGE @ 9.00
    2.55 RED VERDAN @ 13.00
    3.35 ELARQAM @ 6.00

Goodwood
    2.05 TITI MAKFI @ 5.00
    2.40 MASHAM STAR @ 7.00

Each way singles and up.
  9. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3.15 Turffontein - FORT EMBER - Genuine sort who arrives here in decent form and she does run the track well at 12's.
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.38 Turffontein - COOL CHARDONNAY and STORM WARNING - CC is back off a short break, but can go well fresh and is well up to this company at 10's. SW does get the trip if ridden sensibly and gets in off a handy low weight at 25's.
  11. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Sunday 6th May

8.00 Sha - Tin - VERY SWEET ORANGE - Just his 3rd run over in HK and has recently changed does possess plenty of speed. Looked well in the paddock and happy taking a chance at 10's.
  12. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

VSO ran a pretty brave race for 2nd.

8.30 Sha - Tin - SUPER EURO STAR and CAPTAIN BOSS - SES has the plum draw and is edging back down the weights at 40's. CB has been running down the field recently, but is dropped in class and again has a good draw to work with. Currently showing at 151 on the fixed win market and happy taking a chance at that.
  13. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

1.40 Kenilworth - Combination FC / TC with these -

WICKED KISS at 10's
    EVIE'S LIGHT at 14's
    FAVOLA at 20's
  14. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2.10 Towcester - LARICHI BELLE - Does not quite fit the criteria of the thread, but holds useful form and the stable's can improve when they go chasing. 6 runner event and 8's looks generous.

2.35 Hamilton - DONNACHIES GIRL - 3 Places and a win from last 5 starts, but remains fairly weighted. Back off a break and it may prove a decent race for the grade, but still plenty of appeal at 14's. BEAR VALLEY should also go well, but at 8's.

3.05 Dundalk - MONDAY BLUES - Suspect this one's debut 9th, will prove better than the bare form suggests and can improve at 25's.

3.45 Hamilton - INEXES - Back on the turf after a nice break and capable of going well off this mark at 14's.

4.30 Sligo - MIC MILANO - 13lb lower than over fences and claimer takes off 7lb here. Seasonal bow was only OK, but will improve for that and looks dangerous at 12's getting weight all round.
  15. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Odd decent runner since Friday with ASOCKASTAR 2nd at 66's and TIP TWO WIN 2nd at 50's. Mark's Choice should be worth following.

4.00 Bath - CLEVEDON at 80's

4.55 Windsor - MUTAFANI at 33's

5.00 Windsor - BLUE RHYTHM at 10's

5.20 Down Royal - KHANISARI - Non qualifier for the thread, but interesting at 7's.
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Punter likes this.
  16. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3.00 Flamingo Park - 3 EW's + FC / TC with these -

GROZNY at 10's
    LEDIMASPRINCESS at 10's
    IMPERIAL CHESTNUT at 25's
  17. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.10 Flamingo Park - EUAN ME - Does not get the mile, so last time out can be ignored. Solid form prior to that and looks a threat back over shorter at 10's.
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.10 - Adding NICO'S CHICK and LAVENDER BANK, both at 16's
  19. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Winner at 10's yesterday along with a NR and a couple of places. KHANISARI, probably should have won however and MUTAFANI could have been a bit closer.

3.00 Brighton - LYFORD - Possible improver for the application of blinkers at 20's.

3.45 Fakenham - TALK OF THE SOUTH - In good form prior to last time at Haydock. Lost a shoe that day, so that one can be safely ignored. Useful staying chaser at 10's.

4.25 Thirsk - LIAMBA - Hinted at ability in both starts to date. Might be just waiting for handicap's, but open to plenty of improvement at 20's. REDEEMING as a 4yo, is carrying his share of weight and took a step backwards on 2nd start. Trainer knows the family well however and ought to be capable of better at 100's.

6.40 Roscommon - THE BITTERN CRY - Possible improver at 50's.

8.30 Ludlow - SHEILA TANIST - Tongue tie added for rules debut and this Point winner looks nicely enough bred. Stable pops up occasionally in this sphere and whilst it looks a competitive heat, do like this one at the price of 33's.
  20. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

12.20 Vaal - MAN IN MOTION - Nicely bred newcomer at 20's.