1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

10/1 or more

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by SAMOAN, Jan 30, 2018.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2.00 Southwell - SIEGE OF BOSTON - Useful on a going day and 18's into 10's suggests this might be one of those.

4.30 Southwell - MEDICI MOON - Would have needed his last run and is a capable front running sort. Shade big, for me at 28's
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Taking a fair risk in South Africa today, with 12 horses, all at 20/1 + -

11.45 Vaal -

ETERNAL SUMMER ( Debutante for the excellent Sean Tarry yard and bred to be decent at 25's )
    FIRE SIDE ( Nicely bred and represents a leading stable at 28's )
    AEGEAN ( Not badly bred and high draw OK this trip. Could be anything at 66's )
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

12.55 Vaal - HEART OF AFRICA - Another newcomer, this time at 25's. Nicely bred, top jockey booked and a jockey that has success for this yard.

2.05 Vaal - QUEENSBURY SQUARE - Revers back to turf today and is a very capable sort on a going day. Rail draw possibly increases the chances of this one trying to make all at 22's

3.50 Vaal - PIUS OIL - Generally an outsider, but was FAV four runs ago. Blinkers left off today and hopefully this can get him back on track at 33's

4.25 Vaal - AUGUST DUKE - Followed up his win with a decent 4th ( stumbled at the start ) and that suggested he still has a bit of scope off his current mark at 20's
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

1.30 Vaal - Going with 3, all at EW pieces + FC / TC -

STREET FLYER ( Fair sort at this kind of level and handicapper gives him a chance at 20's )
    NOTTING HILL ( Decent effort here last time and something similar gives him place hopes at the very least at 20's )
    KING OF BLUES ( Been off a while since suffering a mouth injury, but form prior to that looks fine. Fitness taken on trust, but should not be 33's on form alone )
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3.15 Vaal - JUNTA and ROMAN BALLERINA - Pair of EW squeaks at the weights and both are available at 25's.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

PIUS OIL a nice winner. Pile of cr@p the rest
    Punter likes this.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

I fancy a few big priced ones at Cheltenham today. Taj Badalandabad only needs to run as well as lto imo.

2.05 Silver Kayf @ 12/1
    2.40 Rock On Rocky @ 25/1
    3.15 The Welsh Paddies @ 16/1
    3.50 Pure Vision @ 10/1
    4.25 Taj Badalandabad @ 10/1
    5.00 Another Hero @ 10/1
    SAMOAN likes this.
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Good Luck Punt. Already on Silver Quarry ( 50's ) in the 2.05, but added your Silver Kayf ( EW and Forecast )
    Punter likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Samoan. Another Hero won and Pure Vision and Taj Badalandabad were both placed.

I see your Quarry Leader ran really well and was on the premises until pecking 2 out. I've added that one to my tracker for next time.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Not a big fan of the early flat season on turf but i'll chance one in the 5.20 Newmarket that looks a little big in price.

James Fanshawe hasn't been too far away with some of his runners of late and he sends just the one out.

SLEEPING LION E.W. @ 14/1 Paddy P's

4th in his only run to date, the 3rd and 6th went on to win nto. Dam's sire was the legendary Giants Causeway who passed away yesterday.
  11. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2.25 Newmarket - ROCK FORCE - Looks nicely enough bred for me at 33's.

4.10 Newmarket - PRINCESS HARLEY - Both runs last year look decent, especially the 2nd of those where the from is rock solid. Could easily get involved at 14's.

5.50 Fairyhouse - VICTORIA BAY - Winning Pointer, but still to even place over hurdles. Still quite lightly raced though and should have more to offer at 12's.

7.25 Fairyhouse - STUCKER HILL - Point winner who has flashed some ability under rules. Now tried with a tongue - tie and definite EW chance at 20's.
  12. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

1.30 Vaal - Going with 3 in this one, all at 10's or bigger -

KIRKCONNEL LASS ( Much improved last run, when ahead of Rouge Allure and the form has been franked at 10's )
    ROUGE ALLURE ( Can get closer to KL, with Strydom booked and runs the track well at 14's )
    LILY THERESA ( Newcomer to this track and her Cape form looks OK. Looks to possess a bit of speed and whilst can be up with the pace, does not need to be. Form and versatility makes this one interesting at 40's )
  13. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.20 Vaal - AQUABUOY - Has not won for a while, but remains one of my favourite horses in training. Generally pops up somewhere at a price and last 2 efforts suggest his time is coming. Blinkers added, wide draw fine and happy to have a decent EW bet at 20's
  14. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.20 Vaal - Decided to attack the FC / TC, by adding 3 others to AQUABUOY. Small stakes only, but not much more needed at the prices -

WOTTAHOTTIE at 10's
    REFUGE at 50's
    KURT'S APPROVAL at 50's
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've got to take a chance on Sawwaah @ 25/1. Owen Burrows can ready a first time out winner. Nicely bred.
    2.25 Newmarket
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Just seen you've mentioned Rock Force, Samoan so i'll cover that too.
  17. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Well played, Sir. Missed yours of course, but hope you went for the Forecast
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

8.45 Newcastle - CUDDINGTON - Sole run at 2 was a fair effort and open to progress this year at 10's.
  19. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

9.15 Newcastle - CAPTAIN BOB - Poor run last time out, but that was on the fibresand. Generally capable at this sort of level and interesting at 18's, with the cheekpieces back on.
  20. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

9.15 - Also going with MANDARIN PRINCESS. One of a pair of 3yo's going up against her elders and subsequently getting a handy allowance. Certainly cannot rule out at 20's.