1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by SAMOAN, Apr 25, 2013.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Starts in the early hours and probably only me and Pete that are interested. Couple of Englishmen in the mix however and Manchester born Menelik Watson is tipped by many to be picked in the first round. My beloved ( tough ten years of losing is straining the relationship ) Raiders have the 3rd overall pick, so will be interested to see which way they go. Don't have to pick in that spot however and half expect them to " trade down " ( swap their spot with someone else, for more draft picks in the later rounds ) Personally I would go with Sharrif Floyd as he looks the best defender available and Oakland do need help on this side of the ball. Sadly if I went through all the Raiders needs, the post would last 3 pages, but gotta start rebuilding somewhere and hopefully we can be back on top some time soon.
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

The Raiders did indeed " trade down " in round one and got a 2nd round pick as part of the deal. My preferred player was still available when they picked, but they surprisingly went elsewhere. With their newly acquired pick, the Raiders ended up going for the above mentioned Menelik Watson, who fell a bit lower than expected. Good pick IMO and followed up with another solid looking selection in the 3rd round. Last 4 rounds conclude today and overall much more optimistic about the Season ahead.