1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

85th Oscar Awards

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Chris986, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Chris986

Chris986 New Member

I'm really curious about the 2013 Oscar, nominations will be announced in 2 days.
    I would bet on the Skyfall will win a few categories.

What you recommend here should I take my bets?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Not an area of betting I'm familiar with to be honest Chris but welcome to Betnod and I hope someone comes along who knows something about the subject.:thumb
  3. stereoman

stereoman Member

The thing with 'Skyfall' is that it'll likely only win 'Best Original Song' and even that isn't a given even with the '50 Years of James Bond' tribute at the ceremony generally cited as the excuse for it not to give the series it's first ever competitive Oscar.

The only other likely nomination it'll get is 'Cinematography' because of Roger Deakins. Javier Bardem to get a 'Supporting Actor' nomination seems unlikely even if he did get a corresponding SAG one. It lkely won't get a 'Best Picture' nomination.

BAFTA may give 'Skyfall' a boost with a few BAFTA award nominations later on today considering it's the biggest grossing film at the UK box office ever though.

The Oscar winners are almost set in stone with only a few genuinely competitive categories left.
  4. Nick

Nick New Member