1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I'm still thinking about what to do next lol.

In the meantime I'm getting readied for my hols by downloading some music and ebooks.
    I bought a 32gig micro sd card to put them on but when I opened up the packet the cnut flew out and went down the side of the sofa:lol, can I find the bastard? can I fcuk., found about 6 pound of old salted peanuts though, waste of time that was.
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

On call this weekend so it's going to be quiet for me but on the plus side it means I'm not on call again for 6 weeks which means no pager for the duration of the world cup - result before a ball is kicked.

:beer
    Punter likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Good man Keggers, all you need to do now is dig your England shirt out.
    Punter likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Old Scouse has replied today.......

Capture.PNG
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Him asking for a quad or scooter has given me something to work with because I didn't want to reply again until he contacted me.

Now he's left himself wide open, if anybody has any ideas let me know.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Just getting a few ideas together about the quad and scooter, is a liqhmee helmet to obvious?
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I mean the word not how it sounds because I'm going to say it's a greek made helmet with a light on it.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Too obvious mate
  9. slick

slick Administrator

You maybe right, I need it more greek sounding.
    I wasn't going to say liqhmee helmet in a sentence, just ask for the brand because of yadda yadda yadda and hope he didn't put two and two together.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Just been reading trip advisor and see Nico now rents mobility scooters so may play on that angle , i.e easier to ride through trees up the hills and easy to ditch in emergencies and Nico has trackers on them for recovery so you don't lose your deposit, that sort of thing and get him to rent one.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I think that's the angle I should aim for, if he believes in Secret surfboards, I don't think it will be too hard to to get him with mobility scooters and lithium booster batteries which Nico will supply at a small extra cost.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I've gone for it......

Hi Steve,

Funny you should mention quads and scooters because I was only talking about them with Nico this week and how we could do with something more streamline to get into the depths of the forest up the hills.
    We've tried it with quads and scooters but usually have to ditch them 10 or 20 yards in because of the terrain.

Nico said this year he has bought two mobility scooters because he is being asked for them more and more and see's it as a good business opportunity as the average age of the punter in Alykes rises.
    He's telling me he should have bought more because he's not had a day yet when they haven't been hired.

He's also told me they came with all terrain wheels and lithium turbo batteries that are still wrapped up in storage, he reckons they could be just what I'm looking for to get through the narrow trees and the batteries having enough power to give us light for 2 or 3 continuous hours.

As daft as it sounds i think he could be right, he's promised to hold onto one of the scooters for me and a friend but because he doesn't want to tie the scooters up he wouldn't give me the other one.

If you decide to come on the 16th and get the chance, could you please try and hire the other scooter but don't say it's for me until I get there, then I'll sort it out and reimburse you, I may ask for a small payment towards the all terrain wheels and turbo batteries because I've no idea how much they will cost to hire.

Other than that, enjoy Zante mate, you'll love it.

Cheers Jeff.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Here's the killer add on reply.........to quell the doubts in his brain:lol

I should have mentioned we won't be riding the scooters up the hills lol, we have a trailer to transport them and will be using them for what in effect will be mobile floodlights.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Mistake on my part as Jeff doesn't know his age, :crossfingers he doesn't pick up on it.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Or maybe it is a good thing because he'll try to put on some sort of disability:lol
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Here's where I could come unstuck because it's an extra reply I didn't want to make...

It's also just crossed my mind maybe you're not as old as me and the crew to warrant hiring the scooter, if that's the case you may have to put on some sort of disability to get it lol.

To stand a better chance of getting it and save money try and book it as early as possible for as near the 16th as you can, I'll explain all to Nico once I get there.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

I should have done the old 'ha ha ' instead of lol because that's what older people tend to do:duh
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuk it, I'll shove this in to get back on track...

Nighthawk Barry said he's coming too, if that's the case we should be in for a good haul.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

That last line will hopefully reset his mind.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

And Nighthawk being...

Nighthawk
    – someone who detects illegally at night.