1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah last day of the illuminations Saturday. Place was packed mate with no vacancy signs in all the windows. I wasn't looking forward to going in the slightest expecting stag and hen do's vomiting and fighting all over the place but never saw a bit of trouble (well, with the exception of a Scottish couple shouting and swearing at each other at the top of their voices but you get them everywhere don't you:lol)

Found some proper shitty old traditional pubs Friday and Saturday night and really enjoyed it.

Will definitely go back in summer for a weekend.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Aye the Scots have long been synonymous with Blackpool for as long as I can remember, for some reason they love the place.
    There used to be some good working mens clubs on the outskirts too with some good acts on but no doubt like everywhere else they've probably died a death.

Surprised you saw so many 'No Vacancy' signs though because Blackpool must have the most B&B's per square mile in the world.
  3. winrew

winrew GILF

Just finished morning shift. Should be meeting up for AJs retirement drinks. Worked along side of him for 34 years. He took early retirement three weeks ago , he managed eleven days before a tragic incident caused his death. They kept him alive for couple of days as he was a organ donor.
    Absolute diamond, he would do anything to help folk , he was also a part time fireman for almost thirty years.
    Knocked the stuffing out of the older lads at work , including me.
    I shall be raising a glass to him tonight.
    RIP Alan.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

11 days ffs. Poor fella.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Sorry to hear about that Wins, sounds a smashing fella.
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sorry to hear that, Winrew. Always seems to be the good ones get taken too soon.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah I should live forever . Bad news all the time as you get older.

At least it sounds like he spread some positive stuff around during his time. Not that that’s much consolation
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sad news indeed Winrew. Work all your years and look forward to a good retirement and something like that happens.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

That's me finished work until the 3rd Jan.
    I keep telling myself if I pace myself I'll be fine lol.

Got loads of odd jobs around the house to do according to Moans, whether they get done or not is another fcuking matter:lol
    Punter likes this.
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Fuck me Slick. That's a nice break. I finish up next Friday and don't go back till the 3rd.

We've not had central heating or hot water for 4 weeks (gone yesterday). Boiler packed in and it was going to cost the insurance company too much so they said we needed a new one.

Gas company said our earth reading was too high so got ekectric company to come and fix it (which they did). Gas company is still saying it's too high to fit boiler but electric company are saying it's fine. Eventually got them to be there at the same time but both reading were different so one of their machines was obviously reading wrong. Still stalemate. Got another boiler fitter coming tonight for a quote.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Sorry to hear that Keggers especially in this weather, saying that I suppose it feels like a mild Spring to you guys North of the border lol.

I got so long off because I had days carried over from last year which I have to take before the 1st Jan or I'll lose them, could do with the break mind as it seems an age since I had over a weeks break last Summer.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuking hell 4 weeks:eek, I read gone yesterday as the boilder going kaput yesterday when I first read it.
    Surely legally they can't leave you that long without hot water or heating although obviously they have.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Suppose I should be buying presents for Christmas but I get less and less arsed every year, I've just spent nearly 3hrs looking at fcuking step ladders cause I need a new one as my son has nicked the pair I've had for nearly 30 years lol.
    It used to be an easy choice before the internet i.e just select the size you want in B&Q and off you went, now there are telescopic, multi function, foldable, mini scaffold, bendy fcuking wendy supersonic sky climbers and you have to read the reviews on everyone then narrow it down to the best value for money because every bastard and his dog makes them, why can't life be easy again.

It's probably the reason I've not looked at Christmas presents yet because it's become exactly the same procedure.
  14. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Aye - 4 fucking weeks.

Guy came out this morning and thinks he may be able to fit us a new boiler on Wednesday but he's not sent us a quote yet so don't know what the damage will be. He knows he's got us over a barrel but I've already told the mrs that we're not being held to fucking ransom. Rather buy them a new scarf and set of gloves than be ripped off.

Saying that I'm sitting with a hoodie on with a fan heater going it's dinger.

It's especially cold in the morning and I wake up and my cock is like a budgies tongue. Make my piece for work and my hands are freezing. Don't get a real heat into me until i get a coffee into my system at work.

We've got a gas fire which is good and bought some extra fan heaters but not looking forward to next electric bill. Worst thing is having to boil 4 kettles to get a decent sink of hot water to do the pots and pans. Fucking pain in the arse.
    Punter and slick like this.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Translation ...piece = sandwich
    winrew likes this.
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I'm never going to be able to look at a budgie's tongue again without thinking of Kegman's cock :unsure
    Punter, slick and winrew like this.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Unless he's a bank robber.
  18. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Things come in 3's

Eldest daughter passed her driving test today, boiler has been replaced today (ended up going with a local guy) and i backed Topdogs horse at 11/4.

Pity I've also backed Rangers to beat Hibs tonight. If they do then if Carlsberg done Wednesday's then this would be it.

Although trying to explain to the daughter that the money we had saved up to buy a car for her has just been spent on heating the house for the next 10 years (hopefully) was priceless. Life's a fucking bitch :roll
    Punter and slick like this.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Never a truer saying than things coming in 3's although usually it's things packing in that come in 3's.
    Glad to hear you've got the heating sorted out anyhow Keggers, must have drove you round the bend having no hot water.
  20. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Your right slick. Things we take for granted. Hot water being one of them. As the house was a lot colder in the mornings i started having my shower (electric) in the evenings but washing my face with freezing water in the mornings was not good - one or two days ok but 5 weeks.