1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

I hadn't heard of Manuka Honey until my visit to New Zealand in 2017.
    On my return quite a few people I know mentioned it , and how they used it for a variety of ailments from a persistant cough , sores and excema with success

A proviso , whilst in New Zealand we stayed with an old kiwi friend who had a sheep farm near Feilding on the North Island . Whilst travelling we saw a lot of hives and asked Grant we he did not have any .
    He said that the theft of hives was prevelent in remote areas like his and he said that Manuka honey had to be tested by a government agency for its quality grading.
    He quoted figures on Manuka honey production, my memory is poor but they were something like this
    New Zealand production of Manuka honey 2000 tons per year
    British consumption of Manuka honey 3000 tons per year
    and the largest consumers of Manuka honey are USA and China.
    The comment from my cynical kiwi friend was "something does not add up , the lying bastards"
    Punter and slick like this.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Work from 8 till 12 tomorrow then straight to a funeral.
    A local man, a brilliant bloke, all 4 ft 9 of him. Little Sammy.

A popular man about my home town, the sort of bloke that had a joke to tell you every time you see him, they were usually pretty good too.
    No kids, no wife, worked all his life and retired last year. He'd got nine or ten local pubs he'd drink in. Half of Malvern downing tools tomorrow lunch time and are going to pay their respects and have a few in his memory. Rip Sammy.

Hoping to be home and sobered up a bit in time for Southampton/Liverpool.
    slick likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Unlucky bugger, most blokes I know with no wife and kids are usually going strong into their 80's and 90's.
    Happens a lot though when people retire, I've worked with quite a few that have passed away within 12 months of retiring.

Let's hope the sadness continues after the match too:wink
    Punter likes this.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sorry to hear that Punter.

Can't see Liverpool feeder club not lying down to Liverpool but you never know.

Not working this weekend so it will be football, horse racing and beer for me. That's the plans just now anyway.
    Punter likes this.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Steamed.

COME ON LIVERPOOL.
    slick and Kegman like this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Thought it was gonna be another Palace when Liverpool were pushing at 1-1 and Saints kept getting sneaky breaks but they were wank up top.

Late subs for Liverpool made all the difference tonight in bringing on Henderson and Milner, I didn't even realise Wijnaldum was playing until he went off.
    Punter likes this.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Whoever wins it, it's been some title race.

It could go down to the last weekend, not just for the title, but deciding all 4 fighting for the remaining 2 CL places. Jeff and the boys will be going crazy in studio, i'm sure.
    I wont be watching them though. After we walloped Arsenal 5-1 back in December i booked 5 days in Liverpool, non refundable,10th to 15th of May, with the mrs.

I dont think we'll win it, City are still awesome and we've probably used all our luck up now, but if we do, i'll be staying in the city center and there will be close to a Million on the streets celebrating the parade. It would be a mental 5 days.

If city do win it we'll still be staying up there, but jumping on the train every day, to the Lake district, Blackpool and Haydock races ( though i havent dropped that one on her yet, lol).
    Either way, win or lose we're on the booze.

Little Sammy had around 500 people at his funeral, unbelievable turn out for him.
    slick likes this.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:thumb
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Well that's me done for a fortnight:beer

I have plenty of jobs in my head lined up to do while I'm off but whether they got done or not is another matter once I get settled into the break lol.

It's hard to believe it's 4 months already since Christmas.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Enjoy mate
    slick likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Enjoy Slick. You dont half have some time off mind :)

Another old mate of mine died this week, cancer, less than 12 months older than me. He fought like fuck against it and kept a fantastic sense of humour right to the very end.
    It's all bollocks about living longer these days, isn't it?

In happier news we've got the grandson coming to stay tomorrow night, then taking him down to Gloucester to a big inflatable theme park on Sunday. Adults not allowed on which i'm obviously pissed off about but the young un should enjoy it.
    Then back to the eldests for a bbq

Looks a decent deal tbf, £8 for kids, accompanying adults free..

https://www.facebook.com/Inflatablethemepark/videos/172345597007848/
    slick likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

There's an adult inflatable theme park joke in there somewhere with a punchline of it going down on you but I can't be arse working it out lol.
    Have a good un Punt.

Yeah we do get some holidays but they keep changing the bastard date when they are renewed so you never know how many to take or carry over.
    I've ended up with 34 days I have to take before July 31st, then I get statutory 127 days back:lol
    Punter likes this.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Not a bad weekend so far, went it with family and friends for a meal Saturday night and ended up getting smashed lol.
    Yesterday was a bit of a recovery day so just stayed on the couch watching the footy as I did pretty much today tell the truth until the Leeds match came on then thought I'd better do something and look busy.
    I bought a CCTV kit off amazon warehouse the other week in the sale, full kit for £60 quid apart from the hard drive, it should have come with 4 wireless cameras but when it came it had eight:eek.

I could do the whole row of houses on my block lol.
    Anyhow I thought I'd get my eye in by installing one and seeing how it goes, after lots of fcuking about I got it going and me and moans have been howling laffing watching each other trying to look suspicious, it turns out we needn't have bothered because the camera makes us both look as shady as fcuk anyhow:lol

I'll try and suss out where the other cameras are going tomorrow.
    winrew and Punter like this.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol

I've had a rare rest off the beer today and it was well needed. Out Friday, Saturday, (with a red hot indian curry at the end), Sunday and I am really getting too old for that shit
    Punter likes this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Those two late Derby goals must of perked you up a bit.

I haven't been able to get up to much today. Not sure how i've done it but i've knackered me back. Normal painkillers haven't touched it.
    I'm reaching for the Tramadol now.

Anybody on here do Yoga? I'm considering it. I'm 52 with the flexibility of an 87 yr old.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Hope it sorts itself out soon mate. Derby were shit (again) so the goals just papered over the cracks. they have zero chance of getting promoted in my opinion and they have no money to spend in the closed season and half of the players are out of contract or on loan. I’m predicting that they will finish below Forest next season for the first time in years.
    Punter likes this.
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I've got back-knack too. Doc has recommended yoga, pilates or swimming. The first two just ain't going to happen, so swimming it is :lol Hope your back's better soon
    slick and Punter like this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm not sure i can swim anymore, wasn't very good when i last went on holiday anyway.
    I'm going to pass on all three and stick with the Tramadol lol
    slick likes this.
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:lol
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I wish I never put that CCTV in now lol.
    It's very voyeuristic in seeing the comings and goings next door:lol

But more important than that I didn't realise once the sun went down there was Rats running up and down the drive going in and out of the garage.
    I was gonna mow the grass today but thought fcuk that, I'll get the lad to do it in the week;lol and not mention it.
    Punter likes this.