1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Well, i had a brilliant time in Liverpool (the bits i can remember).

There was no doom or gloom at the final whistle, in fact quite the opposite, the party began.
    Met up with Beamer and his two lads there, great craic and plenty of singing.
    Not sure who's idea it was to hit shots with every pint but i cant remember much after that. The mrs spewed, haven't seen her do that in over a decade :lol

Took in a few trips, the cathedral, the Philharmonic pub and went and to get a photo with this brilliant Klopp mural, by Akse...

Capture.PNG

Disappointed the was no Premier league champions bus tour but got to say well done to City, a fantastic season from both.

Feels like i haven't had a gamble in ages, time for the RP.

Kegman and slick like this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Great stuff Punt and glad you had a great weekend.
    Beamer tried to persuade me to come along but for a glaring obvious reason I decided against it:lol

Punt there's a van missing from that mural picture lol.
    Punter likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

I'm being a bit slow here but i'm not sure i understand the van bit??
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Ahh, let me try and find it...brb
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Can't find the picture but the one in the Echo originally was a larger version of this one, and the Van's registration started with the letters KN08 or words resembling it lol.

klopp.jpg
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ah, i see :lol
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Here's one on of my favourite murals....:leaving

salah.jpg
    Kegman and Punter like this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Oh do fuck off!

:lol
    Kegman and slick like this.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well I didn't want to do it and I'm mostly dreading it but I'm going off to the play-off final on Monday. :frown. I think they'll get hammered (although, like everyone else I thought they would get hammered by Leeds last week to be fair) and it's a long way to go for ultimate doom and gloom. I've been to every Derby play-off final so far but I was keeping my head down this time and deliberately avoiding any mention of tickets because I knew if someone mentioned that they could get me one, I would cave and go. I managed to get through Sunday sitting in the pub next to someone on his phone for two hours desperately trying to get better tickets that he ones he had (in which case, his others would have been available for me) but he didn't manage to get any.

Then the news today that another 2,000 had been allocated to Derby so I sent him a text to let him know and I added (by the way, I don't want a ticket). Fuck me, he only rang back to say "I know you don't want to go but....." and he's not only got me a ticket, but a lift down in a car and a place to stay for Sunday and Monday night. Well I just can't say no to that can I?
    Punter, slick and Kegman like this.
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Fingers crossed for you ODM. They've pumped you twice already but finals take care of themselves. Enjoy :beer
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah Leeds had pumped ‘em three times and were a goal up mate. QPR were outplayed by them in the final and were down to ten men in the final and beat them. It’s a funny old game as they say.

Definitely don’t deserve to go up that’s for sure but, as you say. anything can happen.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Have a good un mate and :crossfingers for Derby in the final.
    Should be a good game if you put in the same effort like you did against Leeds, confidence means a lot going into a final and they should be going in with bags of it.

With it being a long weekend I've decided to make the most of it and take the whole week off (sorry Punt lol).
    I've still got a few jobs to do that I didn't start at Easter, well look at anyhow.
  13. winrew

winrew GILF

I did have a soft spot for Derby , but since the name change to Frank Lampards Derby County, i seem to have gone right off them :unsure.
    Having said that , England's John Terry is at Villa , can't stand that fugger either. :wasnme
    Anyway , enjoy the weekend ODM :thumb
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Good luck ODM. Been to 2 playoff finals myself, when Gills lost to Man City and then the following year when we beat Wigan. Great entertainment for neutrals, but fuck me they're horrible games to go through when you support one of the teams involved. Even when you're 2-0 up in the 89th minute you can't relax :cry
    slick likes this.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Or when you're 0-0 with 90 minutes up and looking forward to going into extra time with a man advantage against a team that you've dominated for the best part of 90 minutes (Fucking Zamora!:banghead)

I've been to three myself mate and I agree, they are fucking horrible and this is the one that I'm least looking forward to.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck tomorrow ODM. Great comeback against Leeds.
    I like both teams so i'm just looking forward to watching a good game. None of that nervous, fingernail biting, shitting my pants stuff for me until next weekend.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

:beer
    rcgills likes this.
  18. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

One of my pals that i work with (Sunderland fan) travelled down to Wembley today for match. Fair play to him but what a way to go. If it went to ET or pens he would probably miss his train home.

They never looked like scoring.

I don't want to scupper Derbys chances but there is no value in backing Villa imo. Unfortunately we aren't on holiday so wont be able to watch it.
    slick and Punter like this.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Aye it's not been a good week for the Mackems, that and the possibility of Newcastle being taken over by a group of oil funded, human rights abusing, slave meandering despots:wasnme
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Well my CCTV came in handy today to help solve a mass murder around my house, 5 bodies in total ( 3 at the side of the house on the drive, one outside the back door and one under the kitchen window).

I was chucking out some rubbish and as I opened the back door I had to do a double take as I shit myself at spotting the first body, there lay a wee bird that hadn't even sprouted any feathers yet on the floor about 3 inches long.
    Taken by surprise, I had a look around and upwards wondering where it had come from? and thought it may have fell from the roof as I do have sparrows up there nesting.
    So I picked it up and opened the back gate to throw it in the brown bin, on doing so I was taken aback further as now I could see more bodies lol, three to be precise and these were slightly bigger with feathers on the tips of their wings, still nestlings I'd say.

Now I was on my toes wondering wtf's going on, thinking about that story of frogs falling from the sky, a quick scan of the drive showed there wasn't any more to my relief, so I picked these little blighters up to and put them in the brown bin too.

Now I'm thinking 'Cats' and the bastards going into the privets around the garden and grabbing the baby birds for fun as they seemed to have no marks on them, so I do a search of the patio and find another under the kitchen window.
    Now I'm livid and wishing I never gave my air pistol away all those years ago and thinking what I'm gonna do next time I see a cat in the garden, then as I'm putting number five in the bin it dawns on me I've now got CCTV:).

Giving Moans a shout and telling her what's happened, we settle down to watch a bit of DIY Columbo.
    It was quite enthralling tell the truth as we have 4 cameras dotted about the outside of the house and tried to work out a timeline of the crime.

After surveying hours of footage using the FF/Rewind buttons we found the crime was committed between 10am-11am today.
    The Culprit:drumroll ......................................was a Sparrow::eek

It was flying down and dropping the bodies one by one and pulling them about the drive once it had done so.
    There was no movement from any of the victims so I'm presuming they were dead before being dumped.

Just seemed weird all five were dead at the same time and tell the truth they looked fresh and healthy (so to speak) and not diseased in any way.

So I don't know what happened, Google say's it could be the sparrows ridding dead chicks out of the nest or another Sparrow claiming the nest and killing all within it, I suspect the latter but I suppose we'll never know.

All I do know is, thanks to CCTV, the next Cat that comes into the garden isn't going to cop for it.
    Punter and Topdog like this.