1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

In work tomorrow then off for a week.
    Days owing b4 I lose them at the end of the month.

Still full of a bastard chest infection, sore throat, cough, losing voice, hot sweaty flu like symptoms, I don't know whether it's because I'm getting older or the influx of new bugs coming into the country but trying to shake off these modern infections is taking longer and longer, years ago you'd stay in bed for a day or two and away you'd go right as rain, now you need fcuking life support to see the week out.

Hopefully it fcuks off soon because I've got a years full of built up jobs I've been promising Moans to do next week but if the only through it is staying in bed and drinking whiskey for medicinal purposes to see me through, so be it.
    Topdog likes this.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bloody hell mate, sounds rough
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sounds the same as what stopped me from going to Worcester races last Friday. I've had it for 10 days now.

Slightly different i know but it's got me thinking about having the flu jab, for the first time.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Not good slick. Whisky helps.

I'm on call again this weekend. Supposed to be golfing Sunday but weather forecast is piss.

Can see by 6pm on Sunday night I'll be tucked up in bed grumpy as fuck.
    slick likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

For the first time ever that also crossed my mind today.

I've since found out there's quite a few other people off work this week with similar symptoms, not a trooper like me turning up come what may and battling on, even though I must admit trying to pass it onto Howson more than anything else:lol

I'll give him his dues though, he's been on the ball following me around with a bottle of spray bleach and cleaning anything I touch within his area, just a pity he didn't catch me wiping the rim of his cup with my bell end when he nipped out to unload a van and left his door unlocked.
    Punter likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

First scrape of the year this week too clearing the windscreen of ice on a couple of occasions.
    I don't know about global warming but I don't recall ever having to do it so early.
    That along with it pissing down for months, What a shit summer it's been compared to last year.
  7. Howson

Howson Active Member

I hope you get rid of it soon mate, my ears cant take anymore of this moaning and whingeing - your worse than a woman
    Punter likes this.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Say's you who phones or emails the council when the traffic lights are not in your favour coming to work asking them to change the timings:lol (I'm not kidding either).

I've bucked up a bit now, the phlegm's gone from black to dark green and I've got my sight and hearing back along with feelings in both legs.

I'm off work this week with days owing and all that so will use it to rest as much as I can in between decorating, relaying the fcuked up floor in the kitchen, cutting a few trees and hedges back, patching up the flat kitchen roof, servicing the car, unblocking a blocked drainpipe and putting up a security light. Not to mention going to my son's and patching up his bedroom wall because he nearly made two rooms into one by trying to put a TV bracket on the wall.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Well I got the square root of fcuk all done this week, too many late nights and later get up's.
    I did manage to get through the whole 4 series of Bargain Brits abroad though:lol, I started watching it on a whim and it got me hooked.

Did a few jobs about the place but nothing like I had planned to do.
    I'm at a Charity dinner dance tomorrow night, Just hope my suit still fits as I've not worn it for years lol.
    Punter likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

The jobs will keep. Sometimes you just got to take time out. Trouble is i keep saying that.
    What's the charity do all about?
  12. slick

slick Administrator

It's for the Salfordian Hotel in Southport, It's so people over 50 living in Salford that can't afford to go away get a break at an affordable price. It's been going donkeys years and a good mate of mine is one of the trustees.

I went to the last Charity do and it was a good night out, you get a three course meal, entertainment , raffle, auction etc etc for about £50 quid a ticket, not cheap I know but it's a one off and for a good cause.
    Last time I went I got free tickets so feel obliged to go and pay this time lol.

If Salford manage to win the Rugby league play off final tomorrow evening it could turn into a cracker.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one. Sounds a good night.

What price are they? I really think the football team will get the ball rolling in the afternoon.
    I'm thinking of doing the double.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

15. slick

slick Administrator

Salford are about 3/1

It's a tough ask but so was the play off against Wigan last week at the DW stadium.
    At least the final is on a neutral ground (OT) albeit on Salfords door step so they should have good support.

Salford have proved this season on their day they are a match for anybody, It's also the last time they will be playing together as a team as a few players will be moving on next season , including 'man of steel' Jackson Hasting so I can see them being very motivated for this.

It's a huge ask trying to beat Saints but I doubt you'll see anybody in the game saying Salford can't do it as they are on a roll and playing well.

As for bet's look at this poor bugger and the wankers some bookies are...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/salford-red-devils-bet-honoured-17055310
  16. Howson

Howson Active Member

All over the media about that bet, with support for both the Salford fans and William Hill.

I think they should pay out as a goodwill gesture, but can totally understand if they dont.
  17. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Salford went into golden point extra time in the final week of the " regular season " and have had to play high intensity games for 3 weeks in a row. Not sure they can raise their game again, but as last week if they can start the scoreboard rolling and be in front at the half, then it is certainly possible.

As for the bet, I can see both sides, but do feel the verdict will go in Hills favour. Bets taken in error are often tricky and will certainly be interesting to see which way it goes.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I don't think they should pay up, simply because the thick fuckers can't spell "double".

Seriously though, they have got away with bets taken in error before and they will do it again. What they should do is force Hills to go through all of their bets, work out how much they have taken (and kept) from "bets taken in error" and make them pay the fucking lot to a charity that helps problem gamblers.
    SAMOAN likes this.