1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Just thought on, he might be knocking of Moans as I've been married 30 years:lol

I'll have a fcuking chat with her in the morning when she wakes up, no need for that shit, I'd pay the cnut to get her off my hands:lol
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I've removed the pic as I think the poor bastard is being set up.
    If not it's been nice knowing you all:lol
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Day 5 off the fags and my teeth have already started falling out.

I'm going strong though and dont think i'm going to cave in this time.
    I'm using the 'i haven't had a fag this decade' as motivation. And the fact i'm saving myself 15 quid every 4 days.
    I've got 2 more weeks worth of patches, then i'm going nicotine free.

They say keep busy. I might take up serial killing
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good idea. It's good to have a hobby
    Punter likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

lol
    Keep in there Punt, I'm still vaping, must be nearly 10 years now:eek
    Haven't quite quit yet but I'm down from 34mg to 6mg of nicotine in that time and haven't touched a fag in about 6 years.
    Punter likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Nowt planned this weekend, not so bad really as I've hammered the ale over Christmas and been here there and everywhere.

First week back in work this week and my sleep pattern is fcuked, been waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning an can't get back to sleep, been turning up at work about 2 hrs early for summat to do:lol
    Had it's benefits though as the roads were dead lol.

This seems to happen every year returning to work straight after Christmas and the new year, hopefully next week will be more normal.
    Punter likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

It's going off in a minure but I've been watching 'Punk at the BBC' on BBC4, what a brilliant show with some Punk classics from the Damned to Ian Dury, brought back some good memories.
    Worth watching on catch up if u get the chance:thumb
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm dead to the world at that time in the morning, Slick.
    I wish i was an early bird like most folk but i'm not. I can happily go to bed at 3 ish and not get up till noon, when work doesn't interfere.

I'm doing nowt this weekend, CBA.

10 days off the fags now and i'm still going strong, mentally :cool:
    Physically everything is else is falling apart. I keep having to tuck bits of my body back into my clothes. Fat fuck.

I'm sticking with it though.
    slick likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

What's CBA?

I can sleep for England usually but over Christmas my body clock really fcuks up as I don't go to bed until the early hrs, sometimes as late/early as 7am, over a fortnight I get accustomed to it, so it really screws me up when I try to get my usual sleep pattern back when returning to work.

Well done with the fags Punt, 10 day's is like a lifetime when you're a regular smoker, I'd be pulling my hair out if it wasn't for vaping.
    Punter likes this.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

CBA - Can't be arsed

Nicotine patches and lots of sweets are getting me through it.
    The mrs has quit 8 days too, she's vaping. We haven't fallen out with each other either. Miracle!
  11. slick

slick Administrator

It is a fcuking miracle.
    I'm dreading reading the Malvern times next week.

There's only been one time me and moans stopped at the same time and I ended up being nicked:lol
    It's a long story but to cut it short, the week before there was a domestic in Salford and some cnut stabbed and killed his wife.
    After that the police were taking no chances and roped in any bloke that would so much fart in front of his wife, I was one of them even though she was being the cnut:lol
    Punter likes this.
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Fucking typical.

I had a very quiet christmas and new year. Although i still probably had a pint most days it was just a pint. I had a day out watching the Old Firm game on the 29th but was back home by 7pm.

One of my pals organised a beer & whisky tasting night to celebrate his birthday fir last night which I was really looking forward to but ended up cancelling as I got sickness/shits bug. Was up all Thurs night spewing and shitting everywhere.

The Mrs had it the previous weekend and was obviously kind enough to pass it on. I've not been sick/shit since 02:30am this morning so hopefully I'm on the mend.

Keep up with being of the fags punter. I really noticed a big difference with taste etc after about 3 months. That's when you will really appreciate some food and the lbs will pile on. For me it was lamb and beer.
    Punter likes this.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've never smoked but can imagine it's a bugger to kick. Keep at it Punt.:clap
    Punter likes this.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers.
    Day 15 and i'm still off them. Struggling but i'm not going to cave.
    I'm lethargic as fcuk though. I keep nodding off every time i sit down and i just keep ramming food in my gob. I've already reached the point where i'm constantly tucking bits of my body back in to my clothes lol. Fat fuck.
    slick likes this.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Believe it or not I'm at a Barbeque tomorrow:lol
    Tried to worm myself out of it but my excuses failed because Moans got wind of it on the grapevine and now we're going:frown

I know they go on about climate change but it's not that bleeding warm.
    Punter likes this.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm at one in 2 weeks time and what's worse is i've got to travel 60 miles for it :frown
  17. slick

slick Administrator

I ain't got to go that far as it's on the other side of Manchester but it's gonna cost me £25 quid there and £25 back in a Joey.

I thought I'd cracked it when I was asked what am I doing this weekend as I have form for missing such event's, and when I replied ' It depends what day' the response was 'Sunday'.
    So my goto response was 'Ah shit, I'm out for a meal with the family.
    Oh! that's good came the reply as we're having a Barbeque on Saturday, I was set up like a kipper and then when Moans got wind of it there was no going back:rant
    Punter likes this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

lol
    Mine's an uncles 70th.
    Me ma keeps putting me under pressure to visit family. "It's uncle Rob's birthday, i'll need a lift"
    "Have you been over to see yer nan lately" etc.

I know family is everything, i should make the effort, but she coming up with stuff every fortnight.

The trouble is she retired yrs ago and forgets what it's like after a weeks work, where you need a bit of chill and peace time.
    I think she also forgets i've got my own 3 kids to keep happy and a grandson.

I've also got two aunties from me dads side that are in hospital atm and niether look like making the Spring.

Wrong i know but i just want to sit and gamble.
    Radoslav and slick like this.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

One i am looking forward to tomorrow, a surprise party for Ray. He turned 80 yesterday and we've all been looking out for him since he lost Shirl.
    We popped round with a card and 20 quids worth of scratch cards for him yesterday. He rang me tonight to tell me he won 150 off them :)

He'll love it, the party. He's got friends turning up from all over the place. He'll have tears every 5 minutes bless him. I probably will have for him too.
    rcgills and slick like this.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Sounds good Punt.
    Give Ray a hug from me.
    Punter likes this.