1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

African Nations Cup 2012

Discussion in 'International Football Betting' started by Kegman, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Outright winners

Ivory Coast 13/8
    Ghana 4/1
    Senegal 6/1
    Tunisia 8/1
    Morocco 10/1
    Mali 16/1
    Guinea 20/1
    Burkina Faso 22/1
    Gabo 28/1
    Angola 33/1
    Zambia 40/1
    Libya 40/1
    Botswana 50/1
    Sudan 50/1
    Niger 80/1
    Equatorial Guinea 80/1
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

All matches are being played in Gabon or Equatorial Guinea.

Dont know anything about any of the teams tbh but there must be a decent oppertunity to make a couple of quid.

Ivory Coast have the likes of Drogba, Kalou and Yaya Toure but apart from looking at the betting for top goalscorer i cant mention many more

Anybody any ideas or views ?
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Who's got the tv rights Keg, when does it start?
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Senegal boost Djemba Ba and Cisse so they may do ok.
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

All games are going to be on British Eurosport. Itv4 are going to show 4 games. 1 group, 1 quarter, 1 semi and final
    Punter likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Runs from 21st Jan through to 12th Feb
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

is it being televised Kegs? If so, anyone will ko times be late afternoon our time?
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

British Eurosport are showing games and it looks like 6:30pm and 9:00pm kick off times
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice one. I'll have to remember to take an interest in it.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Maybe I should have read up a couple of posts :lol
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Review in the RFO tomorrow apparently
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Any tips for tomorrow's cricket Swoops?
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

thinking of the draw tbh mate. think Pakistan are tougher than they were & with it being neutral territory & new stadia etc theres not much to go on. Think England could adapt here & strike in one of the other tests, certainly dont see us losing the series
  14. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I don't know much (anything) about this competition, but I do think it's a fun competition to watch. Sadly, Mrs ThunderCelt is expert at hiding her enthusiasm for African football so I won't get to see as many matches as I'd like. Here's some thoughts, mainly taken from web surfing rather than any in-depth knowledge of the competition.

Some of the bigger/traditional nations aren't there - Egypt, South Africa, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, etc all miss out. In fact, it looks as if only four of the top ten ranked African teams (according to the FIFa rankings) are there - Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, and Tunisia. I'd assume that means the quality is diluted. These four sides are in different groups so could meet in the semis. They weren't seeded like that so that's just luck of the draw!

Looking at the squad lists, the three highest ranked teams look by far the strongest, with several players in the top European leagues. Below that (generalisation) you get players in mid-ranking European teams, or playing in their own countries.

I'm not sure what that means for betting, but my most likely (modest) ante-post punt is to back Ivory Coast, Ghana and Senegal, with savers on Morocco and Tunisia, and then back and lay or increase stakes as the competition goes on. I reckon that means if one of the top three wins a profit on the starting bets of around 10%, and money back if Morocco or Tunisia win. I suspect the other sides will simply make up the numbers, but we'll know in a few days.
  15. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

If "Money talks"

Gabon should beat Niger on Monday
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

2 upsets from what I can see :unsure

bastards :lol
  17. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

It "Talked":)

Won 2-0
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Gabon is the only favourite other than Ivory Coast to win so far
  19. ThunderCelt

I did that so get a profit if Ivory Coast, Ghana or Senagal win, and more or less money back on Morocco or Tunisia.

The Senagal one has already gone bottoms up. :banghead

From the little I've been able to see it looks as if the other four are probably good enough to produce a winner, although I haven't seen Zambia who have had good results.
  20. ThunderCelt

...and Morocco gone :cry (but what a finish!!)