1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ANTE-POST Ante Post: English League Two

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by kompressaur, Jul 20, 2014.

1. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

Sorry if ive missed them somewhere slick or if your having them on the first day of the season thread. Feel free to repost this wherever.

Ive been doing a bit of reading up on these leagues this summer as i look to widen my saturday coupon a bit away from just Scots lower leagues. I wont be betting in these leagues in earnest this season but ill defo be cheering on my ante post selections and having some interest accies.

My info has solely came from 2 football forums. Let me see what links i have...
    http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/226396-hopes-for-the-season/
    http://www.footballforums.net/showthread.php/307768-Betting-thread

Im gonna make up an online list of KEY PLAYERS, BOGEY TEAMS etc and have the info available each week on a weekly MATCH thread (uh huh im doing all the uk matches) taking each game individually each week. As i dont run a betting website maybe the football fans on the net will hang about ukonline.today each week too. Your welcome to plunder any info thats posted.

Sorry i am not here to spam. Was chatting to Punt/kop/Punter66 on a rare visit for me to twitter. I see now that my inability to keep company offline is now the same online. I just find 'the masses' hard to deal with. Anyhow enough of my avoidance issues. I was just wanting you all to know that its not 'you' its 'me' (aye we knew that komp what we dont know though is when are we gonna talk some CC league ante post betting?) - soz.

Right.....actually on that first link i posted theres some good snippets on there about bogey teams. I know i shouldnt give bogey teams much creedance as im the first person to say that even 'last 6 match stats' add up to nothing at all and if you bet using stats then your just 'entertaining your mind' but i suppose there is more than one way to skin a cat. I prefer my cat skinned knowing all about the particular cat's skin and how easy it will be to remove. Stat bettors maybe just know all about skinning. (that was a compliment stat bettors)

I forget why Bury are favs in L2. Might be to do with them finishing last season well and possibly have improved upon the squad. I better get a read of this at some point before putting my ante post bets on
    http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/212812-buryare-we-really-marmite/page-99

Luton i think are just favs on name alone and possibly due to the promoted teams doing ok. I dont think theyve improved their squad much and i havent read anything from anyone luton fan or not that suggests they are worth their price. Suppose there is more to learn.

Shrewsbury have spent the bucks and i think theyve actually got a whole new squad in place. I dont lie bacing teams that havent had a decent core for a few seasons so i cant take them.

Burton Albion ticks my boxes above mind. I think theyve steadily improved the last 3-4 seasons and possibly have their best squad ever in this league and could go well. I want to back them but i fear them just langiushing about the playoffs all season and never ever lookign like winning it.

Portsmouth fans are expecting a better season from them (at last) dont think their squad is that much better than last season but they finished well im lead to beieve. 15k+ crowds etc might go against them in this league though. I think their fans are moaning bastards and no wonder. I dont think they can win it.

Plymouth i think are well touted for L2. Everything seems alright to their fans and apposing fans i think.

York i was gonna back blind a month or so ago and thats why i started reading up on the league. They had a crazy season last year of not conceding and going unbeaten for long spells from memory. Ill read more and maybe consider them again.