1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Antepost accas 2013/14

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by hotspur, Aug 22, 2013.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

BETVIC

Shrews 2-1/Stevenage 11-8 bottom,Rochdale 9-2/Chesterfield 4-1 Lge 2,Braintree 4-5(need to check that) hcp,Peterhead 2-1/Clyde 2-1 hcp,Hamilton SChamps(price to come)

8 at 6 pounds
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

sRight.This could be my last post on this thread which will mean that I wont after all be giving all the reasons why antepost accumulators are the best way to bet on football.I will therefore just very quickly explain the 2nd reason.

ENTERTAINMENT.

Most people bet on football in order to have an interest in games.Antepost accas give you more interest in more games for less money per game.

They literally give you hundreds of hours of interest ,drama and entertainment.

Not only will I not be posting on forums anymore but Im going to be giving up betting altogether!!!!

A while ago I did my first Djing gig for many years.I was nervous as fuck as I knew a lot rested on it.For years Id marvelLed at just how unbelievably predictable and boring most bar Djs were.I thought surely I can do better.But until you try you don't know.

I was concerned because I rely just on musical knowledge rather than technical ability.I just don't know why djs don't just play one great record after another instead of poncing about.But there you are.

Anyway,people liked it and thus Im gonna be devoting my whole time(and spare cash) on several ideas involving djing that Ive had for some time.

Music and dancing has always been what Im into not gambling.Problem is Im too old to dj now.Sadly I had my records stolen when I was still young and I didn't have the money to replace them.

But where theres a will theres a way.

Gambling I found actually stopped me taking risks!!!How ironic.I mean real chances that are life enhancing if they come off.I should have done this a while back but that's the story of my life.Im going to only live on what I can make from djing.I learned a long time ago that the simple life makes you happier.

Anyway I realize of course that that was of no interest to anyone but I thought Id explain anyway cos it explains why Im betting the whole of the rest of my bank today.

I have good reason to believe that Scunny wont win Lge 2.

I also am quite surprised to see Celtic at 4-9 in the handicap.I also need to bet Hamiton and Falkirk.

Anyway BETVIC

90% of whatevers left on

Clyde/Peterhead hcp 2-1 7-4,Rochdale 9-2/Chesterfield 9-2,Hamiton 8-13

The other 10% on the same bets but with Falkirk at 8s.

(edited to say that I probably would have had Celtic in there with Aberdeen at 8-1 as a saver but nevermind)

To anyone who has followed this thread,honestly,dont let the result make up your mind(about whether to do such bets) whether it wins or loses.

Instead simply start doing these bets for low stakes.Paper trading really doesn't work for reasons I don't have time to explain.

The one thing you MUST do is every week,after the results in all the leagues in Europe,try to price up the new prices in your head and write them down.
    Then compare your prices with the actual new prices.Think about why you were wrong as you will be for about 2 years.

After 2 years you should be well on the way to getting good at doing this.

And its then that you should start to be able to do these bets optimally.

Because these bets are all about predicting price movements as you probably realized.

Theres just one other really important thing about these bets.Think about WHEN is the best time to start doing them.

I have found that there is most definitely an optimum time to do the first bet.And that optimum time really surprised me.
    In fact year after year I ignore it and then deeply regret it.

Figure out when that optimum time is and keep practicing your price predictions and you will as profitable as any gambler in the country imho.

Well,I think thats it.Sorry not to stick around for the denoument.But my muse awaits...

GOOD LUCK
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

As I can make money if Posh get to the final I may as well have 20 on Orient to win this game being played now at 11 on betfair.

I will also have 2 on the 1-3 at 60 and the 2-3 (forgotten odds ) and 5 on the 2-2 at 19 and 4 on the 1-2 at 15.5.

I have a couple of bets that are dependent on who gerts to the playoff finals.

I wasn't gonna bother hedging them because it should be obvious that I can if I want.

Its really down to the individual to decide what to do in these situations.

Basically,if you wanna go through the drama and excitement of a Wembley final, let the bets ride innit.

But if you are doing this purely for profit,hedge as and when...
  4. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

(Of course I realize the 1-1 has a good chance especially as you cant see Os not scoring but Id take a draw.)
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Fuck,Im gonna take a massive risk....make it 8 on the 2-2 at 19 :eek:
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I guess Id better hedge this bet as it comes to quite a bit.

Aint spent much time thinking about the best way.Im happy to take Bet 365s 11/4 Os to be promoted and I will stick 200 on it.

Will also stick 20 on Stan James stand out 5-2 Rotherham
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Oh,I spose I should let people know how the Betvic handicap betting went.

Celtic and Liverpool won BetVics handicaps.

Annan and Clyde dead-heated while Hamilton,Os,Burnley,Rangers and Rochdale all won of course.

Alfreton would have tied with Braintree(unless Im very much mistaken) had they not been deducted 3 points.
    So pretty unlucky there really as that cost me a win of over 300 pounds.
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I did this bet but with Rochdale and no Benfica for 8 pounds and of course on the last day of the season Mwell won at Dons with a late goal.

I was up all night just thinking about my final crucial personal bets and too tired to care by morning but obviously anyone in this situation can easily(and probably should) hedge.

Hell you can even do it in running. But hey,as long as it goes very close so people can see the merit of such bets......
  9. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

AH.

Damn.I vaguely knew I had a good position on Cardiff QPR and Gateshead.I didn't know I had Os in it though.

Right.That means I need to think about this.

I need coffee.
  10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Can I take back my hastily thought out 200 bet on Os perlease?

Muchas gracias
  11. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Bloody hell,I thought Id only be on here a couple of minutes.....er I think that if Os get to the final,then my position on QPR and Gateshead isalmost as good as if Posh get to the final since QPR and Cambridge wins me money.

So,um,if I stick say 50 on Cambridge, Os prom and QPR prom then Id either have a 1000 pound position on QPR/ Os OR a 600 pound one on Posh.

So I need to stick another 40 on Os at 11-4.

:unsure
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Make it 50.

On the Os I mean
  13. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Make it 60.
  14. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

This bet won of course. Off the top of my head it seems to be about 350 pounds..
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

And this one looks like being the biggest winner -about 590
  16. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Since Clyde tied with Annan in the handicap thers a couple of hundred to come here or slightly under
  17. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

And this one returns about 600.
  18. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Okie dokie,I spose I've got to put something on derby today.Dont like betting too much on them at the available price but I'd obviously like to make close to 100per cent profit.260 at the 4/5 available with 2 bookies would get me over 900profit.So,er,260 it be.
  19. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Okie dokie okie,after yesterday's result my profit is down to about £400 but I should be in with a chance of winning about 1200 today.Unfortunately Orient are up against a very good Rotherham side.

When you do these bets you are hoping that in these situations you are on the better team who will also be the favourites but I've lost out twice.Derby we're clear favourites yesterday even though Austin was back and now Rotherham are clear favourites.

I don't want to bet too much at the price but I do want to get my profit over £800 so,let's see now,600 is the call at the generally available 8/11.

And that's the last bet this season unless I've overlooked something.
  20. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Bloody hell,I didn't need to put bloody 600 on bloody Rotherham,innit!

Cos Part of the 1200 I stand to win has already been won.

I only need to put 450 on Rotherham if that.

In my defence I'm suffering from lack of sleep.Yes indeedy!