1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Antepost Soccer Betting/35% r.o.i

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by hotspur, Oct 16, 2011.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

(Of course the 5-4/11-8 was gone* when the blues lost at QPR.I actually thought that City would be 10-11 if that happened,or possibly 4-5,so obviously I am v happy with 11-10/6-5.
    I make City a 4-6 shot and I believe the reason they are not is because,at the moment, the bookies face a HUGE payout if Utd win the prem.due to the thousands who wouldve done Utd,West Ham,Huddersfield/Charlton/Sheffd. Weds.,Crawley as their pre-season acca:eek:)

*apart from boylesports but they dont take big bets(not from me anyway)
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

CORAL 8 points accumalator

DAGENHAM and REDBRIDGE to be rel. 9-2, HUDDERSFIELD to be promoted, 4-6,SOUTHAMPTON to be promoted 4-5,MAN.CITY to win the Prem. 6-5
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

BOYLESPORTS,accumulator

southampton e/w champs 9/5 1/4 123,huddersfield e/w lg1 15/8 1/4 123,southend e/w lge 2 9-2 1/4 123,ac milan e/w serie a 10/11 1/3 12
    8points e/w = 16 points

BANK 1902
  4. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Here's a question for Hotspur about the Johhnstone Paint Trophy:

The competition is split into north and south sections. Two of the northern sides are heavy favourites to win it (Preston and Sheff Utd). The shortest price in the south is Brentford at 8/1; all others down south are 14/1 or longer.

As a southern side has to reach the final, I can't help thinking that there's some money to be had in the each way 1/2 market here; maybe by back and lay; but I can't work out a strategy. Any thoughts?
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

only just seen this Thundercelt.
    I can say right away that this is a good example of a way of making money from antepost markets..I will let you know a bit later
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

having had a very quick look on oddschecker,I see that:
    a)the bookie that is 8s-whill-is not offering e/w
    b)the other bookies are only going 1/3 the odds a place(in order to deal with this very phenomenon)
    however there probably is value in the southern teams
    I will say what I would do later...gotta read the papers first!
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

thats weird,was just looking at the JP odds on oddschecker and now the e/w terms are 1/2 12!!!!
    couldve sworn they were 1/3 earlier-if they are 1/2 12 then there is DEf. value TC.still deciding what to do for the best.....probably answer tomorrow...
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Thundercelt,I am posting this now as I am not sure if Ill have time to later on but I dont have the definitive answer yet to the JP question because
    a) any strategy depends on how much you want to try and win/what risk you are willing to take
    b)in trying to answer your specific question about the southern section,I have noticed a price decrepency in the northen section that I find more intriguing..

In general terms TC,I would say that if you wish to take advantage of any value in the place part of the e/w prices in the southern section,thenyou can simply go ahead and bet ANY of the southern teams e/w at best prices-together with brentord win only at hills 8s as a saver.....
    How exactly you go about this depends on your own assessment of each teams chances of negotiating the QFs.

I think the main thing about the JPT is that,quite possibly(and of course this is just my opinion)ALL of the prices on the 14 outsiders are value because Preston are TERRIBLE value(and Sheffd Utd are poor value).
    I mean Paddy Power has Rochdale as faves to qualify v Preston ....yet VC has Rochdale at a MUCH higher price to win the Northern section than Preston!!??

I personally wont be doing any bets but if I was,for an interest and for a reasonable chance of a 10-12% profit,I might,off the top of my head,do the following win only bets from a bank of 200 points:

Brentford 8-1 8pts
    Swindon 18-1 5 pts
    Oxford 18-1 8 pts
    Southend 20-1 6 pts
    Cheltenham 33-1 5pts
    Bournemouth 14-1 4 pts
    Rochdale 18-1 5 pts
    Tranmere 20-1 8pts
    Chesterfield 14-1 (?) 6pts
    Oldham 14-1 6 pts
    Crewe 40-1 3pts
    BANK 136

NB I am actually pretty tired and the JPT is not something I get involved with what with not having any idea who even wants to win so if any of the above should prove to be stupid/wrong...thats my excuse.
    anyway,good luck Thundercelt
    ThunderCelt likes this.
  9. ThunderCelt

Thanks hotspur, that's interesting stuff and a good answer to my question.
  10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

thanks..in a hurry....
    thinking about it,I would add the blades to my portfolio-they are now 9-2.not sure how many points.......Ill go 16 pts
    and I will add Bradford at 40s for 2 pts.
    I think I would be happy with that and if Preston were to win then,thems the breaks...although I do of course still have
    118 points in my BANK.
    BTW,whill are now 13-2 Brentford:eek:!!!
    dont tell me betnod have moved a market!!!!/-probably not:unsure

personally,am toying with the idea of betting rochdale to win northern section,with savers on preston to win(90 mins. and the 1-1 and 2-2 draws......could be a value/fun bet
  11. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

just to "tidy up" my portfolio-I am adding 4pts to Brentford @15-2,4pts to Wimbledon@25s and 2 pts to the cherries @14s
    (dunno why wimbledon is red!)

BANK 108
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Think it's because of the lack of a space either side of the @ symbol, it looks like it's being treated as an email address.
  13. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

thanks,looks like Brentford were only available at 7s not the 15-2 I quoted
  14. ThunderCelt

:banghead And in all the excitement of preparing my 'to win' bid on Swindon (and a few others) and then backing the Wombles tonight I forgot one game kicked off at 7pm and so all the bookies I'm with suspended antepost bets :banghead

But at least it's been good to look at a type of bet I've never really taken seriously up to now.
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I got caught out as well-knew about the 7.00pm ko ...just didnt know it was 7.00 already:duh...so didnt get on Rochdale to win northern section-think they were 9s!!?with saver on preston(wouldve done to qualify as the 90 min odds were poor).
    not sure you should take such bets too seriously TC...theres better oportunies in the leagues right now...
  16. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

WELL,a right PICKLE I seem to have found myself in ...thanks to Preston qualifying and the blades losing...Had the blades qualified I would have been happy not having anything on Preston*.....and,naturally,the only outsider I had no dosh on win,Barnet
    okie dokie......
    6pts chesterfield 11-1
    BANK 102

*I will now probably have to bet on Preston in case they draw bradford.....dunno when the draw is,if its after tonites game then I will just have to hope they get,ideally,Oldham...
  17. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

as its a 7.45 ko,I had better be sensible and avail myself of the 10/3 on preston-30 points*
    BANK 72:eek:

*10/3 is a better bet than 5-1 with an away tie at Dale and Sheff Utd still in the same section...
  18. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

and 6 points on Barnet 20-1

BANK 66:lookaround
  19. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

WHILL accumulator
    charlton e/w lge 1 15/8,southend e/w lge 2 7-2(both 1/4 123),cowdenbeath e/w sd2 11/8,annan e/w sd3 13/8(both 1/5 123)

18 pts e/w = 36 pts

BANK 1866
  20. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

WHILL accumulator
    Man City prem 5/6,Soton prom. 1/2,Charlton prom.8/15,Cowdenbeath sd2 11/8,Annan sd3 13/8 PSG fr. lge. 1/2

20 pts

BANK 1846