1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Antepost Soccer Betting/35% r.o.i

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by hotspur, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I don't know if this is the sort of tip hotspur was looking for in this thread, or the sort of tactic he'd recommend, but here goes:

Wrexham go top of the BSP if they beat modest Darlington tonight, above Fleetwood on goal difference, yet I've just picked up Wrexham at 4/1 while Fleetwood are 11/8.

Assuming Wrexham win, I'll also assume Fleetwood would then lengthen (or at least not shorten), and that saving bets on the rest of the pack (all at least six points off the pace) could be made in due course if necessary.
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Um,well,TC,the short answer is that I,personally wouldnt reccommend someone bet on wrexham antepost BEFORE tonights game.*
    But,in any case,I wouldve assumed that you were already on Wrexham TC as they have been a value price for ages!!

*obviously the reason Fleetwood are a much shorter price is because a) they are generally believed to have the best team/sqad/money and,
    b) the bookies will probably have more liabilities on them due to people having included them in accas.
    the market is expecting a Wrexham win so a win shouldnt affect the prices greatly
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I was actually waiting for the Gateshead game before betting(more money) on Fleetwood antepost.(which I did yesterday.)
    There is one problem with betting either Fleet or Wrexham in the coming 3 months...and that is that Luton,who the bookies fear(liabilities) have an extended run of "easy" games and,thus could narrow the gap.
  4. ThunderCelt

Thanks Hotspur :thumb. I'm still trying to get to grips with this antepost lark.

I don't really follow the BSP so this is my first antepost visit there
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Oh really!?I thought you were on Fleetwood from a tip I gave on the DP,or perhaps that was someone else.

I may try to give some general advice in the near future TC.Good luck.
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all on Betnod....:beer:dance
  7. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

You too. :thumb
  8. ThunderCelt

What he said.
  9. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

YORKIE!Hi,glad to see you are on-line.
    I want to ask you if you would be prepared to take part in an "experiment"-for want of a better word-on this thread.
    Thered be a drink in it for you at the end of the season and also,I sincerely hope,some kudos*
    Whatsayou?
    *not the aftershave!
  10. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Whats the "experiment" off out now ill check in the morning what you have said
  11. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Huddersfield 2-0 UP.YAYYY!
    they need to win this but they sure aint gonna win the league specially if/when they sell Rhodes!
    Thanks Yorkie...as you are out I will give the details later:beer
  12. Yorkieacer

Go for it...
  13. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Yorkie-God youre up early!

I havent had any time today so far.....
  14. Yorkieacer

Okay no worries
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Yorkie,as you are online and I have just admitted to having had the time to read one of Steves posts 3 times!let me tell you briefly what Id like you to do,with details to follow in the week.......

OK,the purpose of this thread is to promote antepost betting...................and,having given the matter quite some thought,it seems to me the BEST way to do this would be to get YOU,Yorkie to make the 35% profit with your own selections with only minimal advice from me!!

Now I confess that I have a couple of slightly ulterior motives but they do not detract from the point of this thread.

I really hope you are game and I really think itd be good for you vis a vis showing you a better way to bet on soccer.

What do you reckon?
  16. Yorkieacer

Okay go on im intrigued carry on
  17. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Briiliant Yorkie.
    I now need to think about just how much advice I can or cant give you to make this worthwhile.
    However,you have already seen the kind of bets I have placed together with the stakes so that in itself should be a big help.
    You wouldnt be giving any bets til next week at earliest so I have 2-3 days to come up with the MINIMAL advice.
    However I may give it a bit at a time...
    You know Yorkie,someone on here may prove me wrong-and Id be VERY grateful if they did-but,incredible as it may seem,there doesnt seem to be ANYTHING AT ALL on the internet about how to do antepost accumulator bets-how to PLACE them sure but not how to make em pay.
  18. Yorkieacer

Okay just let me know when you want to do this "experiment"
  19. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Good to see you enthusiastic-it will start once I have given you the first 3 or 4 bits of advice...and we may as well start with this:

1) Dont be CUTE!!

ie Dont try to be clever-antepost betting really isnt that hard.

eg dont go sticking 10-1 shots into an accumulator bet,stick to favourites and 2nd favourites or the odd 3rd favourite IF they are close to the top(of the league)

and ,yes,because you are attempting to make 35% profit you will be doing trebles,4-way accas and 5-way accas
  20. Yorkieacer

Im confused what you want me to do tbh i suppose it will be revealed i take it you want me to back teams to win leagues in a accy?