1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Antepost Soccer Betting/35% r.o.i

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by hotspur, Oct 16, 2011.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

2) Please try to familiarise yourself with the fixture lists-the BBC sport website has each clubs games in an easily digestible form.(go to "my club".
    You do fantasy football...so you will know to pick teams that have "easy" games coming up.
    Find 4 such teams in different leagues,
    stick em in an acca
    bet an appropriate amount
    and repeat
    simples:)
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

not just to win leagues,ANY antepost bet-you can include top goal-scorer markets and to be promoted markets...which brings me to:

3) I strongly advise avoiding relegation markets
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

4) STAKING IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

If you do not bet too much of your bank on any bet,it really is difficult to fuck up!

You will have 1000 points and you should not bet more than 30 points on any bet but usually 20 points.

Most important of all:make sure you have 400 points left over by the last league games of the season-you will almost certainly have 1 or 2 bets that will need hedging.
  4. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I will have some more advice later...
  5. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Okay all of that makes sense
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

5) EACH-WAY STEALING!!!:eek::eek:

Any professional horse-racing gambler will know what I am on about here.
    The easiest way for you to get this 35% Yorkie is to do each-way accas.
    The trick to "place value stealing" is to find leagues/top goal-scorer markets where the favourite is close to evens or odds-on but where you can still bet to 3 places.
    As long as its relatively obvious that the teams in 2nd and/or 3rd are there on merit OR are well clear of 4th...then you can bet them each-way almost certainly getting a value bet IF you can find 2 other teams/players in other leagues.
    (pro horse-racing gamblers do each-way doubles only)

DONT WORRY I will give an example-only thing is you wont be able to do it so I need to find an appropriate one.

BTW When I started doing these bets it was entirely because of this place value-however over the years bookies have been wise to this.BUT this season,right now,theres a lot of place value available.
    (Youd be amazed at the r.o.i s you could get just from place value 10 years ago!)
  7. Yorkieacer

Im understanding what your saying regarding the outsiders etc all makes sense and the e/w
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

excellent Yorkie-tell you what then,whenever you can(doesnt have to be today)post a theoretical first bet-it wont count.
    If you make a glaring "error" I will,um,tactfully give you pertinent advice.
    stick 5 teams /players in it-decide the stake and whether its gonna be each-way.
  9. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

MAN CITY/FA CUP
    I dont do much cup betting,antepost or otherwise,but I just wanted to let people know that Coral are 7-1 City to win the cup.*
    If you are contemplating a bet on City to win todays game but arent sure,Id def. recommend an antepost bet instead at 7s.
    If City win and get an easy draw then I think(not sure) they could be down to 3-1 with,of course, the prospect of going lower.

*according to oddschecker-havnt checked the site
  10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

It does appear that City are indeed 7s so I would further suggest that a wee saver on Utd to win the cup at 10s wouldnt necessarily be a bad investment as Utd would probably be 4-1 at most if they get through.
  11. Yorkieacer

As soon as City-Utd game is finished ill have a look and put it in theorectically what would the bank be? 1000pts?
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

You can have whatever bank you prefer
  13. Yorkieacer

If i was going to go for a accy on teams to win the league it would be Man Utd @ 3.50, Boro @ 8.50, Huddersfield @ 6.50, Southend @ 6.00
  14. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Well Yorkie I reckon that acca comes to over 1500-1 so,fine-youd only have to bet a couple of points on that to get your target
    Funnily enough thats a typical antepost acca and its the reason I am able to bet on FAVOURITES and still make money.
    The main problem with that acca its that its almost impossible to hedge effectively.
    Do you want to have another go?
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

btw,since you didnt indicate,I assumed that was a win only bet?
    If it was an attempt at stealing place value,then I should make clear that you have all major European Leagues/Scottish leagues to choose from-not just the 4 main English leagues
  16. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

and goalscorer markets inc top champs lge goalscorer
  17. Yorkieacer

that would be a ew bet
  18. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

OK,glad to hear it.
    In that case there are(still,however) 4 problems with that bet,
    1) the win part has almost no chance at all of winning-so its a waste of money
    2) the place part is very risky ie huddersfield,middlesbro AND Southend probably WONT all be placed
    3) its difficult/impractical to hedge
    4) one of those teams has injury problems and another could well be about to sell their star striker!!

CONCLUSION:there are far more obvious/safer teams to bet.

please have another go and give me the stake
  19. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Basically,Yorkie,your first bet should be one that you fully expect to go close.

Forget place value,Yorkie,just come up with an each-way bet with total win odds of about 40-1(max) and that has ONLY favourites in it.Keep it Simple!!!
  20. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I'm enjoying this thread, but there's one thing I've not grasped about the EW element - are you advising hotspur (say) three win picks, plus a fourth EW? At the risk of pushing in, would you mind if I post an acca to see if I've understood the principle?