Anybody know anything about fixed term investments

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ONEDUNME, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

No but I will take a look at it now. Truth be told I'm using notepad.exe and calc.exe :embarassed. That's still the calc.exe from windows XP as well :lol.

I wouldn't dare sell PutinCoin

[​IMG]

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/putincoin/
  2. slick

slick Administrator

:lol me either

Bloody Hell Jezza notepad and calc would drive me potty.

Blockfolio is brilliant, you can also add your holdings and price you paid for them, when set up just click the icon on your phone and your investments appear with the uptodate price and percentage swings and total portfolio value.
    you can also add any coin going if you want to monitor them.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Jezza likes this.
  4. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

A clip about bitcoin mining

5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clips you highlighted Seen

I have had to watch then several times to try to understand them

And having done so I can only come to the conclusion that I personally will not touch Bitcoin with a bargepole

Good luck to those who disagree but I am worried by a couple of things

First - there are only going to be 21 Million Bitcoins released - and so far almost 80% have been done so - according to this link anyway

https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoins

Secondly - Who exactly is in charge here ?

The original creators are nowhere to be seen (or so it seems)

And in there absence the day to day maintenance of the "ledger" has been handed over the the "miners" - people whose only qualification is to have invested large amounts in building warehouses full of hi tech equipment to 'Mine" or "solve complex maths equations" to keep the system running :thinking

It doesn't fill me with confidence

At the moment it appears the miners are ok with doing this as long as they are rewarded with new found bitcoins

But what will happen when they discover that "mining" for bitcoins is unprofitable?

What happens when they decided to turn off their computers and go off in the search for the next big thing?

My understanding is that the whole model revolves around someone willing to solve some increasingly complex mathematical problems . A system which will need huge investment in the computing technology to solve (as seen by the numerous bitcoin mining clips on youtube)

If the current "miners" (or system maintainers) leave - who will take their place ? - and what fees will they want?

No idea if my rambling make any sense at all - however I am out !
  6. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member