1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Anyone see the documentary "Being Liverpool FC"

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

On channel 5 the other day.

I really don't know why football clubs allow these kind of things to be done. It usually just ends up making them look cunts. Just like the QPR one last season where it showed how much contempt the then owners had for the then manager and how totally out of touch with reality they were and how little they knew about football.

I've always read about how much of a thinker about the game Brendan Rodgers is. In an hour, I didn't hear one original thought uttered from his mouth. It was difficult the pick out the most embarrassing moment. Was it the players openly scoffing at the stupid idea of being made to do yoga exercises? Was it the way the manager took Jon Flanagan to one side and gave him the old Cloughie speech of "I want you to win the ball and then pass it to someone who can play" but with less subtlety (rightly enough, Flanagan is shite so he needs to get rid of the thing at the first opportunity) or was it the Liverpool supporter ten minutes from the end saying "This could be the start of another red crusade" in advance of the club making their worst start for over a hundred years - if not ever.

Nothing good can ever come if these documentaries other than to give fans of other clubs a right good laugh.
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Punters holding his breath here :lol
    Strange decision to allow it, for sure, considering the recent history. ie, kk the Legend sacked, cup won, current england manager not given a chance yet deemed good enough for England, no reason to think they wont turn on Rodgers the same way. There was nothing to win from it for sure
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

I enjoyed it :)
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I was quite suprised to see it being allowed too as behind the scenes footy docs are few and far between, even rarer @ top clubs.
    I like them though and find them a real eye opener, I think Rodgers deserves a pat on the back for going through with it because it can't be comfortable.

I remember City doing it years ago when Allison was in charge, his run in's with Swales were funny as fcuk.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

This week's classic quote from BR "We're working on our pressing, our intensity with and without the ball. If we can do that, we will kill teams this year - absolutely kill teams"

Presumably starting tomorrow
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The other embarrassing thing (although it couldn't be avoided) is the way that a chunk of the program is dedicated to the comeback from injury of Lucas Leiva (who's unofficial website refers to him as "The Brazillian Gerard":lol - Presumably Anthony Gerrard, the Huddersfield defender).

All the airtime leading up to, what? a couple of games back before being sidelined again for another three months or so. Looking at the work he's obviously put in, I'd find myself feeling sorry for the bloke if he wasn't so shit. Ironically, he had his best season ever before the injury. Oh well
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've just been cuddled up on the sofa with Onedunme tonight, watching this. Ignore what he says, he bloody loves it, you should of seen his face light up when Suarez signed a contract extension.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I do love it. On tonight at 10pm if anyone hasn't seen it yet. It's well worth a laugh. Brendan Rodgers is being dubbed "The New David Brent" and - I shit you not - Jamie Carragher's clips have had to be subtitled so that he can be understood:lol

The only thing more embarrassing than Rodgers is the talentless poet/playwright they trot out in every episode to spout wank. Luckily last week he was able to steal vomit inducing poem from an eight year old on his way to his English lesson and read it out instead of us having to listen to his usual shite.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I never thought me and Mark Lawrenson would agree on anything

Former Liverpool defender and Match of the Day pundit Mark Lawrenson has hit out at the ongoing fly-on-the-wall documentary detailing life behind the scenes at Anfield.
    Being: Liverpool, currently being aired on Channel 5, takes a behind the scenes look at the club with manager Brendan Rodgers featuring prominently.
    And Lawrenson was critical of the Northern Irishman's participation in his column for the Daily Mirror - claiming that Anfield bosses of old would be 'turning in their graves'.
    'What on earth is Brendan Rodgers doing in this programme Being: Liverpool?', writes Lawrenson, who was also critical of the club's American owners.
    'I’m sorry, I just think this show comes across as American schmalz. It’s totally ill-advised and some of the stuff that I have seen so far in the first three episodes is cringeworthy

12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

From The Telegraph
    In the latest episode from the reality TV series Being Liverpool, Rodgers is seen attempting a variation on mind games played by Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United nearly 20 years ago.

Back in 1992, Fergie told his squad that he had put the names of three players who would let the team down the following season into an envelope as a means of making his squad deal with success. He later admitted in his biography that there was actually no such envelope.
    In Being Liverpool, Rodgers shows his team three envelopes and reveals that, inside, are the names of three players who will "let us down this year".

If Rodgers thought this would coax the best out of his players, though, he was very much mistaken as the very next day Liverpool lost their opening game of the season 3-0 at West Brom.

:roll

David fucking Brent alright.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Didn't we used to have a Liverpool thread on here? I was going to post that Borini has broken his foot leaving them with one recognised striker (if you define "striker" as someone who needs 20 chances before he gets a shot on target) and Liverpool are supposedly after Hooper from Celtic in January.
  14. winrew

winrew GILF

And Demba Ba according to the paper this morning..
  15. suirthing

suirthing Member

16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's because he's heard that we've got bigger cocks than you lot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...d-than-French...but-smaller-than-Germans.html

Average penis size by country:
    Republic of Congo, 7.1
    Ecuador, 7
    Ghana, 6.8
    Colombia 6.7
    Iceland 6.5
    Italy 6.2
    South Africa 6
    Sweden 5.9
    Greece 5.8
    Germany 5.7
    New Zealand 5.5
    UK 5.5
    Canada 5.5
    Spain 5.5
    France 5.3
    Australia 5.2
    Russia 5.2
    USA 5.1
    Ireland 5
    Romania 5
    China 4.3
    India 4
    Thailand 4
    South Korea 3.8
    North Korea 3.8
    SteveUK 1.15
  17. suirthing

suirthing Member

Thats all shite, Thailand should be -4, from what I have seen out there anyway, fucking proper con job :lookaround
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

They don't split it down to areas but I believe that the average for southern scotland is slightly bigger than a dead wasp.
  19. winrew

winrew GILF

20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's decimal odds including your stake back as well!