1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Ashes

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by swooperman, Dec 3, 2013.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

The whitewash is 15/8 as said above, which is not value. Anybody who suggests they thought this would end 5-0 at the start of the series is at best after-eventing, & at worst bullshitting. There's no way it could have been predicted ahead of the start, & after Brisbane, with Englands record of bouncing back from poor 1st tests, it would have been seen as a hopeful bet at best then as well. I don't think it will end up 5 nil
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

Swann has just came out and said ...

Any idea who he may be on about Swoops ?
  3. winrew

winrew GILF

Er , and it doesn't bode well for a victory of sorts i would imagine ..
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Well, my first suggestion wouldn't be who you're thinking of, KP, I'd say it's much more likely to be Watson or Warner
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

He also said something about walking when out. Could that be aimed at Broad?

He certainly gives the impression of someone who's right up his own arse
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Hadn't thought of Broad. If you think it's an English player then that's a very good shout, as I have a strong suspicion it's not KP. I'm still more inclined to think it's either Warner, or more likely Watson. England don't like Watson, & for a very good reason, he gives out a lot of shit & he's not good enough to do it. Witness the constant lbw decisions that he kept reviewing in the summer, with England standing there & openly laughing at him.
    I've read somewhere, ages ago, that Swann & Anderson are big muckers, as are Prior & Broad. KP has, erm...KP :lol
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

KP's answered it as though it could well be him though. I'm still not too sure, but there you go:

Offered the opportunity to douse suggestions that Swann's "heads up their own backsides" comment was aimed at him, Pietersen instead fanned the flames. Instead of saying 'Swann made it clear those words were not aimed at anyone in the England dressing room' - a reply he could and should have given - Pietersen instead replied: "There's a lot worse things I've been called."
    "You should come and field with me on Thursday or Friday and see what I get called on the boundary," Pietersen said. "Yesterday was a family day and I'm not giving any energy to what happened. The only energy I've got on this tour left in me is for Melbourne on the 26th, training today, training tomorrow, and Sydney."
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

4th test starts tonight 11:30pm UK time.
    What to say? Don't bet on it from the outset is what I'd say, as there's far too many imponderables going into it. Weather is warm to hot so no problems there. Drop in pitch will start with a bit of moisture & then be pretty flat you'd expect.
    The Aussies will want to push it home & you'd think they'd be very keen on 5 nil, & whilst the series is won & lost there's never any nothing matches between these 2.
    Once you've done the job though, is the intensity the same as before it was decided? Possibly, even probably, but worth lumping on at 4/6 on that proviso? No fucking chance.
    England have been shambolic on this tour, & have been deprived of 2 of their original starting 11 before this test with both Swnn & Trott gone, Swann for good, Trott likely as not the same. A third will follow tonight as Prior is out I gather. having been seen congratulating Bairstow & wishing him luck on xmas day. Broad is likely to be fit, & Monty. you'd think, is going to be given at least these 2 tests to stake his claim. I read the fact they've called up Tredwell & Borthwick as possibilities of playing 2 spinners at Sydney. I don't see either playing here. I've also read rumours of Rankin playing instead of Bresnan, but I can't see it personally.

Australia aren't good enough to be that short, particularly not now with the ball game changed. They've done their job, now it's a personal thing of trying to drive us into the ground. I'm not sure they're good enough to be able to do that without taking their eye off the ball. Does that mean England are backable @ 7/2? Not without seeing if they're in a better state than so far, no. Steer well clear & play in-running would be my advice. Those that are on 5 nil? Well, you're on & you've got to hope nothing changes, but England may have hit rock bottom & may bounce. They may not as well, & may get thumped again, but 4/6 isn't any value & neither is 15/8 the double. The only time 5 nil was backable was between the 2nd & 3rd tests, where around 8/1 was available, no other time.
    That said, no other team in test history has ever been set 500+ to win in 3 consecutive tests. Ever. Some stat that.

A couple of bets I'm interested in: Bairstow is almost certain to play by the looks of it & you'd imagine he'll bat 6 with Stokes 7, a little unfair after a ton last time but there you go. Bairstow is available at 14/1 top England 1st innings runscorer which I think is a good price for a small stake.
    Chris Rogers seemed to have turned the corner a bit before getting run out & the fact that he was having big problems with Swann turning the ball away from him is now negated with Swann gone. Monty turns it into him, helping his chances, & 6/1 isn't a bad price
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Australia win their 4th successive toss. I'm certainly not suggesting that's the cause of England's misery, but it certainly doesn't help either. England bat. prior has gone, Bairstow keeps. Broad is fit
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

229-6 going into day 2. A couple of late wickets cost England & the Aussies bowled well, we nicked a couple we didn't need to play, & we scored too slowly.
    Plusses: KP's still there, meaning that with a weakened tail (Panesar for Swann) 350, whilst unlikely, isn't impossible. Lyon got some decent turn on day 1 & Australia bat last. Watson limped off injured leaving the Aussies with likely only 4 bowlers. If KP can attack Lyon it might expose them.
    Minuses: Everyone got in, everyone got out, barring KP no-one went on & he needs to turn his 60-odd into a ton. He doesn't seem very well but he does seem to have the bit between his teeth.
    Normally I'd think only 350, & we're a long way off that, is only just in the game. if we get skittled straight away for 250 we're in shit streak but something tells me there's a twist coming here
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

England didn't add many, but the Aussies have struggled as well, & are 9 down, 90 adrift. Haddin's still in so he could make inroads, & he's 43 not out, but at the moment Chris Rogers is bringing home the bacon :)
    A lead of 80 in this match would be pretty big, & unless the wicket changes I'd say Australia chasing anything over 225 looks difficult, but we'll see
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Needless to say...I hope.......anyone who was/is sitting on any 5-0,4-0 or even 4-1 open bets would have bet on England at some point during last nights proceedings.

But if not,I must say I was surprised that they could still be backed at 5-6 (4-5 gen) this morning.

Come on ENGERLAND!!

Lets show these fucking arrogant Aussie bastards whats what!

In running betting.

Its the way forward:thumb

:)
  13. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I will be intrigued to see the odds for the final test if England prevail
  14. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

STREWTH!!

Just found out the Ashes score
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Gonna have to get some more Fosters in:unsure
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Final test tonight, thank fuck :ohwell

Aussies around the 4/6 mark & not worth touching, with the draw longer than England :unsure Brave to be a draw backer with England playing the way they are. Result's not worth a bet IMO.
    Same bet as last time for me, Chris Rogers. He was just pipped first innings by Haddin, then scored a ton second innings. He is the main benefit of Swann retiring, as the ball was turning away from him being a left hander, opening up the caught behinds. Much easier to play turning in. He scored good runs last time against Monty, but he appears unlikely to play. England have put out he's injured, whereas nobody could spot how at nets. The temptation then is to think Monty's hit the end of the road, England deciding that his one dimensional play is too big a price to play. Totally agree, we're enough of a joke now :lookaround Joe Root was preferred to him on the 4th day last week. Might be more to it, possibly Monty's been on the drink again?
    Scott Borthwick is likely to play, & Tredwell if they pick 2 spinners, which is unlikely as Sydney's not as spin friendly as it was & Tredwell's a one day bowler without much spin, & very one paced. Borthwick's a leggie, so spins it the same way as Monty, meaning Roger's strengths are the same.
    Roger's an 11/2 shot across roughly half the bookies, 7 I'll take a couple of points of Haddin @ 10/1 as well, as he's played with Borthwick recently
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Monty dropped for Borthwick, expected. Bresnan out for Rankin, kind of expected. Root out for Ballance?? Eh??

They've shunted Root round the order like a dirty car in a posh valet car park, & now it's his fault? More to the immediate point, if Borthwick gets savaged theres no back up bar KP

Looks a good toss to bowl first, but Cook was always going to be accused of bottling it by not batting
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

No hope of a draw looking at that, unless the weather here goes over there. This is either a consolation win for England like in the 90's, disguising the chaos a bit, or Australia get 350 & we lose by 200 :embarassed No middle ground

I'm wondering whether not only Monty's been back on the drink, but maybe Root was smuggling it in in brown alky bags for him....