1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

BBC Sports Personality Of The Year 2013

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Punter, May 16, 2013.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

£10 EW On the most over rated footballer on the planet.

Beckham @ 25/1 Corals
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

He'll just get a lifetime achievement award or something. Fuck all chance of him actually winning it because he's done nothing this year apart from be a sub - run about like a headless chicken and get booked.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

He'll get placed. Fergie will win the lifetime achievement award.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Of course he will, I'd forgotten about the old cunt already. They'll make something up for becks but he can't win the thing if he hasn't done anything this year and being a bit-part player in a team that bought a title in a shit league isn't enough.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Laura Robson @ 80/1 Skybet
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I think you can scratch that bet now Punt.

If Murray wins Wimbledon he must be a shoe in, if not he must still be in with a chance as they still owe him one for winning the US open and Olympic Gold last yr.

Chris Froome also has an excellent chance of winning the Tour de France but I doubt very much they'll have two tour winners on the bounce picking up SPOTY
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah, no good Slick.

Strange that Murray is best priced @ 2/1 to win Wimbledon but only 7/4 to win SPOTY??
  8. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Alistair Cook and Kevin Pietersen may be worth a small look in case Murray does not win wimbledon and England do win 5-0 in the ashes

Edit Pitersen is 60.00 and Cook 12.5 on betfair at the moment
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Fair shout Colbro, I had forgotten about the ashes, could be a nice swansong for Pieterson who still thinks he has a lot to prove.

I'm just looking at the past winners and noticed Cyclists have won it three tmes in the last 5 yrs:eek, with it being a public vote who knows Froome could well be in with a chance.
  10. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Looking at the past winners there have been some very strange choices. David Steele in 1975 in particular stands out. How Graham Gooch in 1991 and Steve Redgrave in 1996 didn't win is also strange.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Well it's all over by the shouting now, great win for Murray but if I hear his bastard name one more time on the box or radio I'm going to top myself.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

13. slick

slick Administrator

One more hr lol, Is there anything more to know about him?
    Unless it's about the weight of his stools I'm pretty much sure I've heard about it Punt.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fair enough Slick. He's won me over though, there was a lot I didn't realise about him in the programme.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Ok you've talked me into it, I'll have a butchers at it while you're away:angry
  16. slick

slick Administrator

What a performance from Mo again in these current world championships.

Anybody think he could throw a spanner into the SPOTY works? because he's now probably the best athlete we've ever had and some people might think he's 'owed one' after not picking up the trophy last year after his brilliant performance at the Olympics.

ehhm maybe not, I've just looked at last yrs result and he came forth with only 8% of the vote, saying that Ennis got 23% and if they switch over to Mo, he would end up right up there.
  17. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Sports Personality and Andy Murray don't sit comfortably together in the same breath,but then maybe we expect too much of high achievers in any sphere in this media age and should celebrate their accomplishments whether they have the personallity of a damp rag or not.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/25017298
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ben Ainslie 16/1 (without Murray). Fiver.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ainslie is long overdue some recognition in this, I've just had another bet (without Murray) @ 40/1 and 11/2 top 3 (all quoted).
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

That's two years on the trot i've done poor in this. Think i'll give it a miss next year!