1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year (SPOTY) 2015

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by ONEDUNME, Feb 18, 2015.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Murray now gone and Joe Root flies in to replace him @ around 12's, same price Froome is averaging; who now becomes 4th fav.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I think if you are looking for a cricketeer Ben Stokes maybe a better option - fits in the Botham/Flintoff mould better - that is if he has a good ashes series of course.

A complete outsider may be Mark Wood - i.e. one to watch. His 32no off 18 balls as a no10 possibly killed any chance Australia had of winning this game and even if these words come back to haunt me he could still have a major influence on this series with both bat and ball.

Both Hamilton and Froome would have to fail to win for them to have any chance though
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I wouldn't fancy any individual from a team sport either Colbro unless it was a spectacular individual effort like Bothams.

Best price for Froome is now 6's.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Slick, that's looking a great bet. Best priced 1/7 to win TDF now. I've jumped on his SPOTY price just now @9 Betfair
  5. slick

slick Administrator

GL too Punt.

Barring any accidents I'd say Froome has has the Tour De France sewn up, It'll just be my luck that he get's caught doping in the meantime between now and SPOTY.

Going through the other outsiders, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyson Fury beat Klitchko, Not that Fury's much kop, just that Klitchko must be nearing the end of his career by now, that would rocket Fury up the SPOTY leader board I reckon.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

You could be right about Fury shortening up but even then i dont think he'd be that popular. It'll be all about Antony Joshua next year.

I also took Justin Rose @ 51, just in case he wins the open.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I like Anthony Joshua, seems a decent chap unlike the lump of lard called Fury.
    Joshua looks a great prospect albeit physically looking a bit like Frank Bruno, unlike our Frank though Joshua actually looks like a boxer in the ring and can box and move, whereas Frank was rather static.
    Punter likes this.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Froome 2nd favourite now :crossfingers best price 5/1

Hamilton still favourite, on a head to head I'd be more worried about McCoy, considering Hamilton won it last year, plus he's a Nob.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Looking good
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Looking good
  11. slick

slick Administrator

You can say that again!! boom boom

Well that Froome's part of the bargain done and dusted, I just hope the great British public now appreciate his efforts rather than some cnut driving around in a tin can.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

He should win it, he deserves to win it but with him being plastered with Team Sky logo's i wouldn't be surprised to see the beeb give him the worst pitch on the night.
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm a tad late in posting this but I'm also on at 12's thanks to whoever mentioned Froome. Fingers crossed
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck Kegs.

He's still 7/2, i find that a bit worrying. After his achievement you'd of thought he'd be a shade odds on, no?
  15. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Andy Murray still has to be considered I think.

If we win the Davis cup for the first time since 1936 his odds will shorten
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Maybe but I should imagine a feat like that would be considered for the SPOTY Team award, I still think Mcoy is the biggest danger.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's all athletics drugs scandals at the minute. I can see it dragging on through til Xmas too.

Here's the top 16 in the betting at present, i wonder how many will end up in the final 10?

Capture.PNG

Frankie Dettori has been back to his very best this season, can he make the final 10?
    He's had 17 big race wins so far this year, including the Derby, he's been in the form of his life. He's netted over £3.2M in prize money so far.
    He's 100/1 at present, i wouldn't be surprised if his odds shorten from now until December. Once a few more have been knocked a side, he could end up under 20/1. He might be the late money.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm thinking what if we beat the Ausies at cricket???
  19. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

It won't matter in the slightest. Only you could doubt a two-times winner of the greatest cycling race in the world will receive this award in December.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Did I mention that you were a cunt Steve? I must have done at some stage. As always, your conclusions are flawed. If it was only me who doubted it, he would be a million to one on you dickhead.