1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Belgium

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Belgium chose the song ‘Would You’ for Iris to perform at Eurovision 2012.

It’s a fairly cheap bubblegum ballad reminiscent of Katy Perry’s ‘Not like the Movies’ and something you’d likely hear at the climax of an American teen flick rather than Eurovision. The song is far too vacant, flimsy and naive to make any impression in Baku. Belgium struggle for support at the best of times, so with this song, I’m expecting Belgium to make an early exit.
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I thought there might be a Belgian sympathy vote with the recent coach tragedy but I fear this song is doomed;she reminds me of Jasmine Harman's younger sister(not that I've ever met her) and I'm not sure Katy Perry would want to be compared to her.
  3. Rob44

Rob44 Member

this is awful, she looks like she's trying to take a dump in some parts of the song. needs a very good draw and a good contrast to stand any chance of progressing from semi. what am i talking about - belguim has no support must rank as a non-qualifier until i hear the rest.
  4. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I’m quite fond of this song, but what concerns me is that it follows the more exiting Swiss entry and proceeds the better quality Finnish song. Nevertheless, being performed in English, it trumps Finland when it comes to appeal. If they can give her some backing singers and some on-stage performers or instrumentation, then it stands a good chance of qualification given its running order slot. The clash with Finland is key though.