1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Betnod Sports Personality of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Colbro, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

So who do you think put in the best performance of the year.

My vote goes to Ian Poulter for the way he played in the Ryder Cup. Away from home against a passionate and loud American crowd with the momentum seemingly going one way he single handedly turned the the tournament Europes' way.

OK - you all know that but those factors for me put him just ahead of Wiggins, Mcilroy and Murray who won individual events.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I agree. What Europe did was nothing short of amazing and would never have been achieved if not for him. His mental alone was.... well, I'm going to use the word amazing again and that's leaving aside some of the key shots that he had to pull off.

All this from someone who absolutely detests the twat's cocky attitude before and still does. I think that sums up how much I rate what he did this year.

I can't remember a year when the competition for a vote like this has ever been so tough so I can understand that people will have differing opinions but I'm happy to stick with Poulter for my vote.