1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Billy Davies back at Forest

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Feb 7, 2013.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So it's official, Billy Davies is Nottingham Forest's Manager of the Month for February.

I'm sure there's a thread in here somewhere where I said it was a mistake getting rid of him and a mistake appointing Schteeve Van Clogg but I can't find it.

They should rename the City Ground "Billy Smarts"
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

How do you see Forest going now ODM? I still think they're fucked, admittedley i dont know much about the owner but from the bits and pieces i have heard or read i'm of the opinion he couldn't run a bath never mind a football club?
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Seems obvious to say but it could go one of two ways. Billy is a great manager at that level. In fact, I doubt that any other manager has got to anywhere near the number of championship play offs as he has. On the other hand, he's a psyco twat and is likely to walk away without a moments notice if the owners piss him off - and can you really see these clowns not pissing him off.

He'll come out with the usual bullshit buzzwords about improvement and progress and he'll try to make out that his target will be promotion next year but there's no doubt in anyone's mind that they are desperate for promotion this year. There's no guarantee that Billy or the new owners will be in place this time next year.

Watch our for some loan deals in the next couple of weeks for players that Billy knows can get the job done at that level.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I'm pretty sure there was too and we all pretty much agreed with you for once:wink

It's a good appointment but smacks of desperation with the owners just trying to appease the fans, I suppose now for once they are listening but it's far from what they promised when they first took over the club.

Would you have him back ODM?
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator