1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Birdsong

Discussion in 'Book Talk' started by keemanan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

Read this recently , was a fascinating book but the reason I'm posting is that the Beeb have done a dramatisation which should be interesting.
    I urge you to read it
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Two parter starting next sunday (to take over from Sherlock). Got it set to record
  3. keemanan

That Sherlock last Sunday was excellent, made up for the shit Hound of the Baskervilles episode
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I only half agree Keem (which is at least a step in the right direction). Thought the first one of the second series was fantastic, second was shite and the third was ok. Wish I'd known series 1 was being replayed before series 2 started and I'd have watched it again. It was all a bit weird when it first started with the words popping up on screen etc etc but now the first one would probably be better than it was at the time.

Certainly clever stuff
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Second series of mad dogs starts tonight by the way
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Birdsong is an excellent novel. If its on the BBC I'll bet good money the affair scene doesnt survive. Be interesting how they do it tbh because if I remember rightly its past & future in alternate chapters
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Watched it tonight. Bored me fucking shitless. Could have been done in 35 minutes. All that music and fuck all happening drives me mad.

This is just the sort of stuff that I would normally enjoy and I'm sure the book is great but this arty farty BBC poncyness is just too much.
  8. keemanan

hmm missed it but will catch up , the first part was all about the affair in the book , the next part was fukin gruesome