1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Bradley Wiggins in hospital after van hits his bike

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Nov 7, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Must be bleeding barmy going out in this weather, saying that I've had a few close scrapes this week with cyclists that are either wearing dark clothing or having very dim or no lights.

2. slick

slick Administrator

Nothing wrong with being blue.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

A hero a couple of months ago, no one gives a fuck about him now lol.

I havent followed any news, i take it he's out and still alive :unsure
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I have to confess I didn't even know what the bloke looked like until this week. He's one weird looking creature. Every picture of him seems as though his head has been cut out and pasted on someone else's body. Especially those where he's wearing a suit. He looks like a bloke who's won the Paul Weller look-alike contest in a concentration camp.
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

His coach suffered an accident far worse. less than 24 hours after Wiggins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...eased-hospital-Shane-Sutton-knocked-bike.html

6. slick

slick Administrator

Read about that too last week Beamer but must admit to not having seen an update about his condition since.

The Olympics seem to have instilled a rush of new cyclists as there are now more of them on the road than ever. Dark nights, wet slippy roads and cyclists don't really go hand in hand at this time of the year and that's before the roads start to ice up.
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

I think everyone has failed to see a cyclist at some stage and a lot of motor bike riders get taken out when driving sensibly. However, you have got to be brave or nuts to cycle on the open road, like the images below. Makes me cringe when I see little toddlers in the little haulers behind the bike. I actually think they should be banned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]