1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

British Football Betting: 25th to 28th August 2017

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Aug 23, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Odds Bet365
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I'm on two so far. Firstly, Peterboro' 15/8 at Northampton, although I think that's come in a fraction since I got on. Boro have 9 points after three games, Northampton none. I suspect they'll finish closer than the current twenty or so places difference, but on form alone I'm happy to take it.

Secondly I got Sutton at 4/5 v Macclesfield. Last season they had a fortress at home on their artificial pitch, and their start so far, together with their strengthened squad, make a repeat seem likely this season.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good Luck TC

I'm going to spread a few quid on Georginio Wijnaldum scoring for Liverpool this weekend. He's copping a bit of stick from the fans at present but his mrs has given birth to a son the early hours this morning.

I can see him giving it the Bebeto celebration....

1st scorer @ 14/1 Bet365
    Anytime scorer @ 9/2 Betfred
    Last scorer @ 14/1 Bet365
    To score 2 or more @ 40/1 Paddy Power
    Hat trick @ 500/1 Paddy Power

Tiny, tiny bets with the exception of anytime scorer which i'll make a medium bet
  4. ThunderCelt

I managed one out of two and a small profit on Saturday. There's a full National League programme on Bank Holiday Monday, I'm on four:

Woking/Torquay - draw, 13/5. Two struggling teams, although when I saw Torquay they didn't look too bad so I'm surprised they're bottom. I think there's a chance two out of form sides will simply cancel themselves out - although I 'fear' a Woking win so might have to play around in play.

Poole to beat Hungerford, 4/5, Betway. After a strong season last time Hungerford have started badly and lost their manager, so on paper this should be a routine home win.

Spennymoor to win at Darlington, 23/10, BetVic. I think this is based on reputation. Both are doing well and Spennymoor have invested a bit so I think this is closer than the bookies do so a value bet.

Bath to win at Gloucester, 7/4, BetFred. I'm disappointed to have missed the earlier longer price, but Bath have won three in a row and are looking like outsiders for promotion that I had a speculative antepost bet on. Gloucester ain't bad, but I'm happy to go with Bath's form and I think the price is neutral at worst.

PS I'm also on AC Milan at 1/3 on Sunday night v Cagliari.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Didn't realise there was a full non league fixture list on Monday so thanks for that TC and good luck with your bets.
    ThunderCelt likes this.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bank Holiday figures - Non league

upload_2017-8-27_16-14-52.png

upload_2017-8-27_16-15-19.png

upload_2017-8-27_16-15-49.png
  7. ThunderCelt

Monday went awful for me :giveup Days like that are the reason I prefer anteposts :cry