1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Can you solve this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Oct 20, 2017.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'll be honest, I wouldn't have got the eye to eye one. As RC says, they are so obvious once someone tells you and it makes you wonder how you've been so stupid.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Nice one , I was just about to chip in but in seems I'm not needed, I'm surprised it took you's so long though.
    Punter likes this.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

Right. Fuck the lot of you's. I'm off to join the Jeremy Bamber forums with my mate Steve :adolph
    rcgills, Punter and slick like this.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Does anybody else go to pub quizzes? We've been going to one every month for the past 3 months. Me, the mrs and 4 other friends. Obviously you would of worked out by now that i'm no Judith Keppel but i do come up with the odd answer that nobody else knows, now and again. None of us are that sharp but we've yet to finish bottom.

One question came up last night.. Where does the river Thames empty out in to? My mate whispers 'English channel, 100%'
    I whisper back..' fuck off ya daft cnut...it's the North Sea'. This then starts a a very big but quiet argument between us :lol We've almost got each other round the throat :lol

Anyway as he's the one that gets most of the questions right the rest of the team go with him. End of the round comes and i'm proved right. So i start giving him shit for it.

Next rounds starts and i'm on a roll, ..'At which race course would you find Tattenham corner? Of course all heads look at me as none of them have a clue about racing. I'm there all smug and whisper 'Ascot' Nice one they say and write it down.
    End of the round comes and as the papers have just been handed in it dawns on me that i've just made a massive, embarrassing fuck up. I've only got me Swinley bottom and Tattenham corner mixed up :lol What an absolute wanker :lol The one area they needed more for, i've let them down big time :lol (i cant believe i'm admitting this on here btw) :lol
    I had to apologize for the rest of the night, blaming me for being back on the drink :lol

Good fun though and a good night out.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

:lol that's the sort of thing I'd do Punt, I did know the Thames one though:naughty

It's been donkeys years since I did a pub quiz, I do enjoy them though.
    Here's a good one, without looking at Google Punt, Name the only American state that starts with the letter 'P' and end in the letter 'R'.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Has to be a trick question surely?
    I can onlyr think of Penysyvania. And I can't even say it never mind spell it!

Trick question, yeah? :thinking
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Got me stumped as well
  8. traeth

traeth Moderator

been thinking about this and the only thing I can come up with is
    ProclaimeR
    from ...Letter from America by The Proclaimers
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Might just be a typo, but is there a clue in the fact it says "starts" with the letter P and "end" (as opposed to "ends") with the letter R?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to pronounce Pennsylvania in a posh accent, so it ends in an "ah" sound (although the clue does specifically say the letter R)
  10. slick

slick Administrator

No typo.
    Only American state to begin with the letter P and end in R is Pearl Harbor, thought you guys were clever.
    Kegman likes this.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You mean the Pear Harbor in the state of Hawaii Slick? That one?
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Yeah that one, was a fcuking State when the Japs left it:lol
    Kegman and Punter like this.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:roll
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

6th out of 7 tonight, we'll take that.

A piss easy bonus round this week if you fancy it, though you may need a magnifyer...

Holiday destinations...

Capture.PNG
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

1. Cyprus?
    2. Cancun
    4. Dublin
    6. Kos
    7. Acapulco
    12. Turkey
    14. Copacabana
    15. Costa Blanca