1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Champions League Betting 23-24th October

Discussion in 'Champions League and Europa League betting' started by slick, Oct 22, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

UEFA Champions League
    23 Oct 17:00 UK Spartak Moscow v Benfica 3.00 3.00 2.50
    23 Oct 19:45 UK BATE Borisov v Valencia 3.30 3.25 2.20
    23 Oct 19:45 UK Barcelona v Celtic 1.08 9.00 26.00
    23 Oct 19:45 UK Galatasaray v CFR Cluj 1.70 3.40 5.50
    23 Oct 19:45 UK Lille v Bayern Munich 7.00 4.00 1.50
    23 Oct 19:45 UK Man Utd v Braga 1.36 4.50 9.00
    23 Oct 19:45 UK Nordsjaelland v Juventus 9.00 4.50 1.36
    23 Oct 19:45 UK Shakhtar Donetsk v Chelsea 2.62 3.10 2.75
    24 Oct 17:00 UK Zenit St Petersburg v Anderlecht 1.53 4.00 6.00
    24 Oct 19:45 UK Ajax v Man City 4.50 3.75 1.75
    24 Oct 19:45 UK Arsenal v Schalke 04 2.00 3.30 3.80
    24 Oct 19:45 UK Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid 3.40 3.40 2.10
    24 Oct 19:45 UK Dinamo Zagreb v Paris Saint-Germain 6.00 4.00 1.53
    24 Oct 19:45 UK Malaga v AC Milan 2.10 3.25 3.60
    24 Oct 19:45 UK Montpellier v Olympiacos 2.10 3.25 3.60
    24 Oct 19:45 UK Porto v Dynamo Kiev 1.57 3.60 6.50

Odds William Hills
  2. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

So a couple this week where the prices look out to me:

Arsenal are 2.05 with Unibet in a match where they should be odds on imo

Olympiakos are 3.0 +0 with 888 and blue square (Essentially Draw no bet) Game looks like a coin toss to me and I'll always take 2/1 on heads.

Ajax at home +0.5 looks great value with Pinnacle at 2.3 I keep coming back to this and thinking it looks almost like the best bet of the week except from....

Real Madrid at 2.2 with 888 and Blue Square, again an odds on shot at odds against prices

I like Chelsea +0 at 2.17 with Pinnacle too

Finally Lille +1 is 2.26 on the Asian HC with Marathon. with home advantage I'd be surprised for them to lose by ore than a goal.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Some good analysis there Pete, Chelsea and Arsenal were the first to catch my eye but I can't say I know too much about their respective opposition to know whether the prices were right or not only that Arsenal are a tough nut to crack at home in Europe and Chelsea look shit hot at the moment with plenty of strength in depth.

Real Madrid @ 2.2's is a great price but I wouldn't under estimate Dortmund because they looked a cracking outfit against City and if they perform like that again will cause Madrid problems.

Agree with Ajax too, they should never be that price considering Citys away form in Europe, any edge on the AH @ over evens should be seriously considered in what is really a shit or bust match for both teams. :crossfingers for City though.
  4. winrew

winrew GILF

Malaga are the one for me , AC Milan are awful , heading towards the relegation zone swiftly.
    Ok its just league form but Malaga have 17 points from eight matches while AC have just 7 from the same amount.
    I can see AC Milan sitting back and hoping for the draw , but Malaga should have enough to turn them over ..
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cluj +1 asian handicap at just above evens
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bate DNB v Valencia 13/8
  7. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I dont think Ajax will do much tonight although City's price is not tempting.

European football always brings the best out in AC Milan and their price temps me more than Malaga's Win.

PSG should beat a struggling Zagreb team now that they seem to have blended together although the price stinks.

I'm away to see whats the best I can get on a City/PSG double and may have a single on AC.

Both teams to score in Arsenal v Schalke game also tempts
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Well that was painful viewing once again, I expected City make a better account of themselves than that all though I wasn't suprised they struggled once again In Europe as we just cannot seem to fathom it, still 3 wins from the last 3 games should see us through:wasnme

I also think Lescott has finally gone, I know it usually takes him about half a dozen games to get going but I've noticed this season he can hardly jump more than 6 inches off the floor, I'm not blaming him for the result as the whole team looked a shambles and lost but all Citys problems at the moment are stemming from the back.
  9. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

What's the future for Mancini now?
  10. slick

slick Administrator

After just signing a 5 year contract I suppose he's pretty safe for the time being, I've no doubt though that this year the owners will be keeping one eye on PSG and seeing how fast it takes them to come upto speed in the Champs league after just having a large investment in players.
    Mancinis argument will be well Marwood blocked his transfer targets over the summer to move the club forward, It should make interesting reading over the next few months.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fuck me Slick, he's got enough talent there to put three teams out:lol What a load of bollocks. If he can't win anything with a squad like that he wants fucking off - end of story. There are plenty of managers who could.

If he wins the Prem, all will be forgiven - otherwise he's on his way in my opinion. Well, I'll adjust that slightly, a Europa League final and an FA cup may just keep him in a job. Yes I know nobody gives a fuck about them at that level but you can't win the Prem and Champs League every year and that may just be enough to keep him in a job. Otherwise, five year contract or not (and let's face it, a few million buy out or whatever it is isn't going to stop them getting rid) the man has consistantly fucked up to be fair and you can't help thinking that with a better manager City would have pissed the league last season, not limped over the line and one embarrassing Champs League campaign is understandable, two just looks like he's not up to the job.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

To be fair, I should have said two embarrassing european campaigns. The champs league itself wasn't bad last year, they just came up against a tough group and were unlucky in that respect.

Still not good enough for the richest club in the world
  13. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

What price Mourinho? Has he done all he can at Real
  14. slick

slick Administrator

I'm not making excuses for him ODM just stating what his argument will be, with the money that has been spent I don't expect him to get sympathy from anybody.
    I'm not so sure about Mourinhio either Colbro as he seems to be having the same sort of problems with players at Madrid that Mancini is having at City, i.e they both seem to have favourites which causes an underlying rift in the camp, watch any interviews from a City or Madrid player and you sense things are not quite right.

Still I won't complain though considering where we were at not so long ago, If it was left to me I'd bring Brian Horton back as I still don't think he was given a fair crack of the whip.
  15. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

tiny profit of 0.3 for me after that, hardly worth the effort
  16. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

But who is the one player who Mourinho has not alienated at Real. Who would be the one player player Man City would like to buy from Real?
  17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Why does he try to play a totally diffetent game in Europe. The defenders last night didn't know who or what to mark. (i only saw snippits as i was watching PSG game)
  18. slick

slick Administrator

True Colbro but Ronnie has mentioned on more than one occasion he wouldn't play for City but then again Money does talk.