1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Champions League Final betting 24th May

Discussion in 'Champions League and Europa League betting' started by slick, May 19, 2014.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Champions League Final
    24 May 2014

Kick Off Match Home Draw Away
    19:45 Real Madrid v Atlético De Madrid 10/11 12/5 3/1

Odds Betfred
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I didn't think Athletico's odds would be that large but then again what do I know about Spanish football, Punt, RC?
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

I cant see anything other than a Real win tbh. I'm not just saying that cause of the position i'm in. On a personal level i'm hoping Atletico can score first so i can level my book up.

But that aside Real are out for lifting this for the 10th time. And what a way it could be to win it too, beating your city rivals, adding to the glory of it.
    Ronaldo and Bale are just awesome and every other player are all brilliant. There's no weak link and their CL football this season has been the best by far.

Although a fantastic TEAM, Atleti man for man are definitely underdogs. I just dont think they've got another game in them this season after last weekends title win.

Will Alonso be a loss? I'm not so sure he will be. Real Madrid for me.

A quote from The Independent, should i be wrong..
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Like Punter I reckon Real are the favourites, wouldn't completely rule out Atletico though. One-off match, derby, neutral venue, anything could happen really. And while it's true that beating Atletico would be a great way for Madrid to celebrate winning their 10th European Cup, there's arguably only one team in the world who'd take greater pleasure than Atletico would in being the ones to deny Madrid their 10th European Cup, so plenty of motivation for them too.

Diego Costa likely to be missing for Atletico though, they reckon he could potentially play but would run the risk of doing some serious damage.
  5. traeth

traeth Moderator

I've been thinking that Real would win the Champion's League but I can't got over the price of 100/30 for Atletico.

Atletico champion's of Spain against the team third in the league playing at a neutral venue the price does not make sense to me. Would the price be the same if the situation had two English sides playing in the final , would the winners be three times the price of third placed team?

I've only seen a few matches from these sides , their Champion's league matches and the occasional match from La Liga if they were shown on sky on a Sunday ,when Real are playing at their best , their finishing is excellent but they do have some off days. Atletico seemed to play well defensively and their finishing was deadly. I must admit that I'm not a fan of Costa and I think that this season has been one of those where everything has gone well I don't think he will have such a good season next season whoever he plays for.

The value has got to be with Atletico but I'm struggling to oppose Real with Ronaldo , Bale and Modric. Still a few more days to go for me to change my mind.
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I'm with you on that Traeth. Not watched a great deal of football this year (I've found that now I'm hardly betting on it, I can take it or leave it when it comes to watching most football), but from what I've seen, I don't really see what the fuss is all about with Costa. Scored plenty of goals, but so have quite a few strikers in recent years, and they've not always gone on to do well elsewhere - Negredo's not done too badly at City, Soldado's been a bit of a flop at Spurs, Llorente's stats at Juve look OK. Not really seen anything so far in my opinion to justify the international tug of war between Spain and Brazil, or talk of 50m price tags.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

I agree, he's been good, but he aint all that.

Falcao was better than Costa, yet Atleti have done better without him. Strikers seem to be 2 a penny for them. It's the players behind them at Atleti for me, some absolutely brilliant players, without being household names.