1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Champions League Qualifiers 16th & 17th Aug

Discussion in 'Champions League and Europa League betting' started by Kegman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Will post up games later from pc but in the mean time whats everybodies thoughts ?

Same old Arsenal..... Nice football at times but no end product. 1/2 v Udinese ???

Watched Benfica turn over Arsenal in pre season friendly and they looked pretty decent so may be worth a shout away to FC Twente.
  2. HastGill1

HastGill1 Member

Lyon v Rubin Kazan

Both sides still have a few injuries at the moment, Rubin without Ryazantsev, Carlos Eduardo and Cesar Navas but the line-up they have is reasonably settled, two thirds through their season they lie fourth in the league. They faced one of the hardest challenges in the last round defeating Dynamo Kiev 4-1 over 2 legs, a pretty even tie on paper..I have highlighted their away record in Europe before, they are very solid and very compact, their last 5 have gone under and their away record in general is good they don't give much away.

They are probably not the force they were a couple of years ago, they lost a few players and haven't looked likely to hit title winning form again. They will be defensive, a trip to Russia is never easy and Lyon will obviously be looking to take an advantage over there.

Lyon have started well in the league, winning 3-1 away to Nice and somehow drawing 1-1 with Ajaccio despite murdering them, hitting the post 3 or 4 times. Lisandro looks very sharp up front and could be a good bet for first goalscorer, very much the main man up top. Gourcuff is still missing and that is a blow but they still have plenty of quality, Kallstrom, Bastos, Gomis, Lisandro. Lyon's home record in Europe is also excellent losing only 4 in 38, they are not the threat they were 5 years ago but are capable and should have too much for Rubin.

It does point to a under 2.5 game but I wouldn't rule out a Rubin goal, they have a bit of a history of scoring with the few attacks they create against better sides and I don't think anyone can be too sure of Lyon's credentials this early in the season. Rubin will revel in the underdog role thats for sure. Lyon for me by one goal.