1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ANTE-POST Championship Outright Betting 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Punter, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

b3.PNG

b4.PNG

Odds from Bet365
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I think Garry Monk is a good manager and think he'll do well with Boro this year. I was going to back them to win championship anyway but after reading a good article today in the sporting life I'm going to invest a little bit more.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Part of article

The defensive strength that the return to the top-flight was built on remained as Boro conceded 53 goals during the campaign, a total that was less than 10 other Premier League clubs. Bournemouth, who ended up in ninth, conceded 67.

However, you won't be surprised that Boro's return of 27 goals scored was the lowest in the Premier League.

Rectifying that awful return in front of goal is the main task for new manager Garry Monk, who takes charge after Steve Agnew oversaw the confirmation of relegation as caretaker-boss.

Monk has acted quickly to add Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga for a club-record £15million, Toulouse forward Martin Braithwaite for around £9million and West Ham's Ashley Fletcher for £6.5million.

Assombalonga is a proven goal-getter in the Championship. He netted 30 goals in 65 Championship appearances during an injury-hit spell with Forest but he got through last season unscathed and struck 14 times.

Braithwaite is a more interesting addition. The 26-year-old Denmark international was expected to move to the Premier League but Boro won the race for his signature after 12 goals in France's top-flight last term.

Fletcher didn't get the chance to shine during his one season with West Ham but he's certainly another interesting option as well as Patrick Bamford and Rudy Gestede for the new Boro chief.
    Punter and ThunderCelt like this.
  4. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Best bet for me is Burton to be relegated @ 7-4 [Bet Victor]

Their squad looks poor
    ThunderCelt likes this.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The most interesting opening fixture for me (with the exception of the Sunderland Derby game) is the Wolves Boro game. I reckon both could be contenders for promotion but I think Wolves ended the season quite strongly in the last few games and I'd go for them if I had to have a promotion bet.

In my eyes the odds for winning the league and getting promotion are all shite and you'd be far better off betting on individual matches (for example, Wolves are 4/5 draw no bet on Saturday) but, for the record, Wolves odds for promotion at 7/2 (Boro's are only 2/1 SHITE!)
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

Impossible to know just how Sunderland are going to fare. They are a mess of a club right now, they do have the quality in their squad to do well but could also just as likely (actually, probably more likely) to find themselves getting off to a terrible start from which they never recover.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Can't see a clean sheet for either of them tonight then.
  8. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Fulham are the form team at the moment - good wins recently against Villa Wolves and Derby - They have what looks like a fairly comfortable comfortable last few games

Wolves are fading a bit after their early blistering pace setting - they have a few potentially tricky games to come

Fulham are 66-1 on Skybet to win the Championship
  9. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

:beer
    slick likes this.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Nice one TD:thumb
    Topdog likes this.