1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

C'mon Kiwi!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by swooperman, Dec 10, 2011.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Australia v New Zealand, Hobart.

After day 2. NZ 150 all out (45.5ovs) & 139-3
    Aussies 136 all out (51ovs)

The Aussies laughed at the Kiwis when they were bundled for just 150 on day 1, on a well grassed track offering plenty of seam movement. Then when they batted, they were reduced to 75-7 before Siddle & Pattinson slogged a few. The Kiwis are in decent shape 2nd time, with 2 batsmen in & still another recognised batsman to come, 153 ahead.
    Theres rain forecast tonight, but apart from that theres still 3 days left so dont see the weather being a problem. I'm watching the highlights at 4pm Sky Sports 4 or 3 to see if the pitch is flattening out but from what I can tell so far I thinks its a mixture of NZ surviving, Australias inexperienced bowling attack & the fact that the balls got softer.
    The new ball has done damage, & there's 36 overs until Australia get another one, so even if they go through the Kiwis tonight they will still have to chase the highest score of the match to win. I think the market is priced on reputation here, NZ havent beaten Australia since 1993, & if the scores were the other way around I would expect the Aussies to be around 4/11 tops.
    Simply put, although NZ arent great, Australia arent anywhere near as good as they were, & chasing down the win in SA a couple of weeks ago on a decent deck has confused that.
    Assuming the youngster Cummins would have played, the Aussies are missing certainly 3 1st choice players, & yet again some are playing for their futures. Hughes is all at sea & looks out as soon as Chris Martin runs in, NZ have effectively ridiculed him, he has nowhere to go. Martin jags away from Hughes, a leftie, & Australia have 4 lefties in the top 6. Both teams have a long tail its true, but I'm hoping for a minimum chase of 250 which I think will be difficult, &again Punters in trouble because lose to this lot & the temptation of 'out with the old' will be overwhelming.
    Yes, NZ may collapse as theyre not very good, but the Aussies have virtually given them a NZ wicket to play on. The only thing putting me off a maximum is I dont really rate NZ

New Zealand win @ 2.4 Betfair
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Was a bit worried there for a day or so, but no way of laying off as the Aussies simply remained too short. Australia were chasing 241 to win & got to around 160-2 before losing by 7 runs :thumb
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice one Swoops - Thanks for the info:zhail
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Nice one Swoop :thumb Saw your post at the weekend but was away from home and so couldn't get on, nice call though.