1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

CONCACAF Champions League

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Magallanes, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Magallanes

Magallanes New Member

Isidro Metapan (El Salvador) v Los Angeles Galaxy (USA) 3.85 / 3.71 / 2.20
    Bit of a dead rubber as Metapan are already eliminated and LA are already through, though an LA victory or draw would help their ranking going into the quarter-finals.

Isidro Metapan are arguably the best team in El Salvador at the moment, and they have a decent record at home in the Champions League. Over the last few seasons they've beaten some decent teams on their home ground, including Houston Dynamos (USA), Pumas and Santos Laguna (both Mexico). I'm unsure about the starting line-up at the moment, but from what I've been reading it looks as though Metapan are likely to use a mixture of first team and reserve players, though they have talked about wanting revenge on the Galaxy for defeat in LA so hopefully it will be a fairly strong starting squad.

As far as the Galaxy are concerned, their coach Bruce Arena isn't a massive fan of the Champions League, seeing it as more of a distraction from the important task of winning the MLS title. He's used a mix of reserve and first team players so far in this competition, which includes a 5-2 home win over Metapan, a 4-0 home win over Puerto Rico and a 0-0 away draw. However today he's sending a squad of 15 players to El Salvador with only two players who could loosely be described as first team players. All the big guns (Donovan, Beckham, Keane, Juninho, Magee, etc) are staying home.

The first meeting at the Home Depot was contested by a full strength Galaxy squad and ended with a convincing win. The game will be totally different, a young inexperienced squad taking on a decent El Salvadorian team, away from home. The odds aren't as big as I was hoping (was looking for at least 4.00), so not had as much as I was going to but I still feel there is some decent value there. They also seem to be slowly creeping up on Betfair (up to 3.85 now) so they may well hit the magic marker, in which case I'll probably top up slightly.

Isidro Metapan @ 3.85 (Betfair) - 3 points
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good luck and welcome to Betnod:thumb
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Excellent post and analysis Magallanes, you've convinced me and I'm on.
    Good luck and welcome to Betnod too.