1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Conference Prem - 26th August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Punter, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

[​IMG]

Some tempters in there, but i'm just getting involved with one game.

Chester have had a terrible start to the season, losing their opening 4 games, conceding 10 and scoring just once.
    League favourites Forest Green have had a mixed start. Thrashing Hyde on the opening day 8-0 they have picked up two draws and a loss since, against some decent opposition. I've got a feeling they'll get back to winning ways here and could do so by more than a one goal winning margin.

FGR @ 23/20 (50% of overall Stake)
    FGR - 1 @ 3/1 (30% of overall Stake)
    FGR - 2 @ 8/1 (20% of overall Stake)

Paddy Power
    slick likes this.
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Good luck Punter :crossfingers

I'll probably not invest after Saturday's disappointment (both sporting and financial :cry) while I get to know the league, but on paper the following look attractive to me:

Forest Green (agreeing with Punter but as FGR aren't firing on all cylinders DNB)
    Under 2.5 at Luton (Luton solid at the back but not scoring many; Cambridge came to Aldershot last week to do a snatch and grab job and did it well).
    Welling (Salisbury weren't impressive on Saturday, but I don't really know enough about Welling although they've had a good start)
    Under 2.5 at Aldershot (as we're solid at the back but have trouble scoring). I'd like to think we can beat a Woking side weakened by suspensions (3 sendings off so far this season!), again DNB given our weakness up front.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers TC.

Aldershot and Welling were two of the tempters I mentioned. I don't like Woking this season and think they are in for a tough season, while Welling have been a bit of a surprise in the opening few games.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

It looks like we're not alone in our thoughts too..

[​IMG]
  5. Bultip

Bultip Bultip.com

Hyde FC - Grimsby Town
    18:30 CET

Hyde FC will play with Grimsby Town in match from the English Conference. Before the games from today Hyde FC was on the twenty-first place with 2 points, while Grimsby Town was ninth with 7 points. I think that in the game between them there will have over 2.5 goals. That prediction was true in all 4 games of Hyde FC in the Conference this season and in 2 from the 4 matches of Grimsby Town. So far this season Hyde FC has scored 5 and has conceded 14 goals, while Grimsby Town has realized 6 and has conceded 4 goals. Last season in the match between both teams at “Ewen Fields” Hyde FC beat Grimsby Town with 3:2. Hyde FC is without victory in the Conference until now this season and has registered a draw and a defeat in their matches at home so far this campaign. Grimsby Town is with a win and a loss in their visits in the Conference until now in the season. I expect that Grimsby Town will seek a victory, which could bring the team closer to the first places. However, Hyde FC also will fight for the three points and will search their first win in the Conference this season. So I expect that there will have goals in the match today and that the number of the goals will be over 2.5.

Prediction: over 2,5 goals @1,75 bet365
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good reasoning Bultip, good luck :thumb
  7. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Aye, seconded :thumb

Had a small, skinny in play bet on Welling DNB (1/7) at half time. Stats suggest Welling on top, Salisbury had a player sent off just before the break.
  8. Bultip

Bultip Bultip.com

Thanks man cheers. Not as good as yours reasoning earlier, but the whole idea of the prediction can be understood :)
  9. Bultip

Bultip Bultip.com

Nice bet man, 40 minutes more to go. No matter that the red cards does not decide the final result the advantage is on your side. I can give you an article about the influence of the red cards if you want. Very nice article, it can help you about future live bets ;) - http://bultip.com/blog/Betting-Guide/The-influence-of-red-cards-in-football-games/771

P.S. Its not a spam moderator. Do not ban me :D
  10. slick

slick Administrator

So long as you keeping writing decent posts Bultip you won't be barred, it's the ones that come along and write one or two lines of shite then bombard us with links that get carted.

Good luck with your tips.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Very nice article. It should be renamed "The blindingly fucking obvious"

So it's a bad thing if your team is reduced to ten men is it? And you have more chance of beating a team who have ten men for 80 minutes of the game than you have of beating a team who only have a man down for the last minute of the game.

Fucking genius.