1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Coronavirus Covid-19 stats from worldometer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Mar 24, 2020 at 02:17.

1. slick

slick Administrator

March 1st
    1.PNG 2.PNG

March 2nd
    1.PNG 2.PNG

March 3rd

1.PNG

March 4th
    1.PNG

March 5th
    1.PNG

March 6th

bulk powders.PNG

March 7th
    22.PNG

March 8th
    21.PNG

March 9th
    20.PNG 1.PNG

March 10th
    14.PNG 1.PNG

March 11th
    13.PNG 1.PNG

March 12th
    12.PNG 1.PNG

March 13th
    11.PNG

March 14th
    10.PNG

March 15th
    9.PNG

March 16th
    8.PNG

March 17th
    7.PNG

March 18th
    6.PNG

March 19th
    5.PNG

March 20th
    4.PNG

March 21st

3.PNG

March 22nd
    2.PNG

March 23rd
    1.PNG

March 24th
    2.PNG

March 25th

1.PNG

March 26th
    2.PNG

March 27th

2.PNG

March 28th

2.PNG

March 29th
    1.PNG
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020 at 20:20
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I think it's becoming quite obvious the UK are not giving out Serious/Critical stats.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Friday the 13th was a bad day for the UK, the day after we hit the top 10.
    Up until then we were 14th on the list.

1.PNG
  4. slick

slick Administrator

On March 12th a bloody ship had more cases than the UK.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

That will do for tonight, plenty to discuss there and I'll do February tomorrow, may as well get the lot in.
    What a difference 24 days make.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I agree the S/C stats are dodgy. when this is all over there is going to be a fascinating documentary about how much of what the government told u.s. was true and how much was suppressed “for our own good” just like they had to to get through WW2, the financial crash in 2008 and the cold war
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

What's going in Switzerland - that figure for number of cases per 1m population is huge? Figure for deaths not as bad though, are they just testing more people and so finding more cases?
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Suppose it depends on the size of their population, what is it?
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Just googled it 8.57 million
  10. slick

slick Administrator

It does look wrong because it's only around 1000 / 8.7m pop
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I think it should read 141.1
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

That wouldn't make sense either though. With a population of 8.57 million, and if they've had 9877 cases as per the figures above, that makes around 867 cases per million :thinking
  13. slick

slick Administrator

1,000,000 / 9877 x 8.570 = 867.67237
    You're right.

I was reading up from the past figures charts posted above and surmised it was that figure 141.1 because it was around that figure in the two previous charts.
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

That figure (141) was the number of critical cases. In the latest table you seem to have copied in an extra column
  15. slick

slick Administrator

You're right again lol.
    They've added an extra column which I hadn't noticed because I was cutting the full charts last night and not leaving any columns out, I presumed it was the same while scanning through them.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

You could take the calculated result a bit higher if you took the deaths off the population figure lol but it still wouldn't come anywhere near their figure.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Strange how from the early stats the Asian countries slide down the list as US and European countries start to move up it.
    I can only put it down to two things:
    1. there's a lot more people visiting the US and Europe from all over the world.
    or
    2. Most people in Asian countries don't feel they look a cnut wearing a face mask.

Or maybe just a combination of both, if so I'm sure it would have been a lot cheaper closing down all borders from sky and land and insisting everybody wears a mask for a few weeks, rather than where we are now which will probably take months if not longer.

I don't mean implementing it now although that wouldn't be a bad idea but when the powers that be first started looking at the stats from January/February onwards if not before.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 02:44
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Thinking about it I'm in no doubt they did but for economic reasons decided to see what would happen elsewhere before taking such drastic measures, that pause has and will cost us dearly imo.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

US death figures over the last 24hrs now 222 on the worldometer chart, they must be releasing figures state by state rather than all at once , a bit like the UK do as we usually get the Welsh and Scottish figures first.

Trump will do well to get it sorted out by Easter if he's not done for Genocide first.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Still waiting for the England figures, I'll post the current chart up as it's full and update it when we get the England figures.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 19:17