1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Crypto currencies

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency Investment and Financial Betting' started by slick, Dec 15, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I'm pretty much level now on all my investments since we started and we're still in the middle of a dip, If we can ride this out then it's onwards and upwards.
    Jezza likes this.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm now starting to wish that I'd got involved in all of this. Oh no, hang on, no I'm not :lol

I've got a headache from just reading this thread, there must be plenty of people who spend their entire waking hours watching the prices going up and down.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah that's the problem Seen. I try to stay away from the price updates but when it's doing what it's doing now it's just so bloody gripping:lol. When I wake up in the morning for a piss I know I'll be grabbing the phone on the way to the loo for a quick update with the same excitement that I used to check the racing results back in the day before results were instantaneous.
    slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Today, well yesterday was probably the best time to get involved with the prices being so low, they still haven't got back to late December/Early January levels yet Seen and still might take another tumble, so it's not too late to jump on the bandwagon.:naughty
  5. slick

slick Administrator

If anything it's like a real life game and like ODM mentions it's gripping, especially if you put the work in researching your picks and selections, what I like is that even if you lose, you don't lose everything because your picks can always bounce back or if not sell them and try another one.

In the meantime there's always the hope that you're going to land on that golden nugget like the next Bitcoin which could be life changing.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

oooh here comes another dip i fear. Dead cat bounce like I said?

I’m off to bed. Up when my bladder wakes me.

Good luck all
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I don't see another dip, where are you seeing it?

Bitcoin cash seems to be enabled on coinbase now.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I remember the days when ODM was asking me to lump on Bitcoincash for him when it was nearly £3k :lol

Thank fcuk I wasn't verified at the time. Now trading @ £1.3k, I still think Ethereum will prove better value in the long run.
    Jezza likes this.
  9. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Is it enabled for you slick? Thats decent news if true, its still disabled for me.

Yeah, everyone who had btc in august and controlled their private keys got the same amount in bch for free due to it being a hard fork. If you have 1 eth now slick defo move it onto a hardware wallet if you can incase of more token drops.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Both but I think Ethereum will be the major mover this year of the two although Bitcoin will still stay strong.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Jezza, didn't know that.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

After you mentioning Bitcoin cash I just went back to double check and it's now disabled again.
  13. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

yep bitcoins hard forks always go in a different direction BUT they use the entire history of the btc block chain up to the point they spit therefore if you owned 5 bitcoin before the bitcoin cash hard fork you owned 5 bitcoin and 5 bitcoin cash after it. Same for bitcoin gold and all those other forks. defo have to control your private keys. ETH gets token airdrops sometimes.
    slick likes this.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No idea what that meant
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fasten your seat belts again
  16. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Over 50% crash now from peak.

[​IMG]
  17. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

My plan was to get home from work and buy £150 more wagerr but when I got home, although the price of wagerr was rising, the price of bitcoin was also rising. Last night it took about half an hour to get bitcoin sent to Tidex and changed over so I'm thinking, nah fuck that, I don't want to jump from bitcoin just when it's bouncing back and, anyway, the higher bitcoin gets, the more wagerr I'll get for my money.

I'm not so sure that was a wise idea but at least it's good news that we are bouncing back
  19. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

You should be buying ETH to send to Tidex and trade with that ODM. Way cheaper fees.

I dont know how relevant it is but the first wave of 1 month future contracts on bitcoin settled today. I guess it can't be a coincidence.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah Slick said about moving money that way Jezza but that xapo shite doesn't seem to have an option to buy them