1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ECIGS

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Oct 13, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I think we all know what they are by now so i won't go into the in and outs of them.

Punter was wanting some information so I'll post up what he needs to know in here, I was going to use Bobthebuilders site but the code he gave me at TDP no longer works so I'll stick with the mainstream sites and their discount codes.

Punt I'll post up exactly what i have and what I'm happy with plus the cheapestway to get it, there are hundreds of ecigs around the net and everybody has their own preference, this is mine and everybody else i know who has tried it has usually been very satisfied.

First off the actual ecig, for starters your better off getting a kit as it works out cheaper and with this kit you get a standard atomiser and a low resistance atomiser (LR), difference being the LR atomiser runs hotter than the standard atomiser so the vape feels like smoking a stronger cigarette, I prefer the LR attys and some folk say they don't last as long as Standard attys but I can't say I've noticed any difference in terms of life.

your probably wondering wtf's he babbling on about and wtf's an atomiser, your right i should have explained first.

An ecig can be broken down into 3 parts, the battery, the atomiser and the tip.
    there is also ejuice or eliquid (both are the same) which is added seperately, this is what you use to vape (smoke)

the battery is sef explanatory, it powers the atomiser. The atomiser is a device that fits onto the battery and inside the atomiser is a small element that the battery heats up, once heated up (usually in an instant) it boils the ejuice and creates vapour, which you inhale as you would do a normal cig.

The tip plugs into the atomiser and is basically a mouth piece which will either store the ejuice or be hollow so you can directly drop ejuice onto the atomizer, there are a few different versions , for the time being I'll stick with the standard tip and the 'drip tip'.
    The standard tip has some wicking material packed into it which you pour ejuice into until it is saturated, then you insert into the ecig and puff away.

my preferance is the drip tip, you just insert it into the atomiser end of the ecig and every time you feel like a cig just drip 3 drops of juice into it and smoke it.

There are also tank systems (Which store ejuice) but as i have never used one i cannot comment fairly on them.

The above might sound a bit comlicated Punt but believe me its not, its a piece of piss really and the kit explains itself when you recieve it.

I use the Riva 901 which you can buy from Libery Flights, use code ECR69 for a 15% discount.
    http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=83

I bought the black Black Riva 901 - Lite Bundle (non in stock at the moment) but they do come in on a regular basis, wait for it as they come with both the Standard and LR atomiser so you can compare.
    cost with discount is £25.49

also buy a drip tip
    http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=76
    any of the 510/901 Anodized Type 01 will do
    cost with discount £1.49

I'm not keen on Liberty flights ejuice so best place for that IMO is Paradisevapes, tell me what strength cigs you smoke and I'll tell you what to go for.
    http://paradisevapeuk.vstore.ca/
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

Roll ups without tips Slick..
    Anyway , totally safe ? same hit as a real cig ?

More questions to follow i suppose ..
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick, i'm on earlies and to bed now but i'll be looking through this tomorrow or Saturday.
    I get paid tomorrow and have enough baccy left for about 6-7 days so i'm definately on it.

I had been told by a lad at work who knows somebody who has been using one for a month and is very happy with the way it's going, Fresh Cigs was a site that was mentioned but i thought i'd wait to see what you'd have to say.

My brains done from finding my bets tonight, i'm back here soon though, cheers.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Np's m8, I posted up b4 i forgot after promising i would get you some info.

With the stronger eliquid and LR atty they are stronger than roll up's Wins, you can actually get them to any strength you want with experience, One of the sister in law's has been on rollies for yrs and she was blown away by it and is now fully on the vapes.
    Hits a lot better than a Cig too wins, the hardest bit is coming to terms with the flavour as even the baccy flavours don't taste like a real cig but after a few days you get used to it and i prefer the vape taste now than a real cig taste.

No official tests have been done as no government is going to endorse any sort of smoking plus imagine the amount of revenue they would lose if they did but they are known not to be cancerogenic which is good enough for me.
    You also get your smell and taste buds back and don't whiff of fags anymore which is a bonus.
    Also safe to smoke indoors, no ashtray needed and because they contain no tar they do not stain everything yellow.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Just looking at this again Slick.
    I order the Black Riva 901 and the drip tip from liberty flights, then go to paradise vape for the ejuice yeah?
    How much juice should i order, to last say 2 months?
    I smoke around 15 tipped G.V rollies a day.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

yes

Try the benson fences to begin with, if you like a strong smoke then go for the extra high (30-36mg) allthough i see your smoking tipped maybe the high strength will do you (20-26mg), they usually have offers where you can buy 60mls for £15 but it's just ure luck they have no tobacco flavours on offer.
    60mls should see you through a couple of months @ 15 a day.
    http://paradisevapeuk.vstore.ca/product_info.php/pName/benson-fences/cName/ejuice-tobacco

It's a lot cheaper to make your own juice but the initiall outlay will be about 50 quid for what works out at 500mls which would last most people 12 months, I'd rather you try ready mixed juice first and get the hang of it, if you like it I'll explain how to mix your own and what other extras like 'usb throughoughs' are for when you become addicted to it like me lol

you may aswell get some blue foam while ure on paradise vapes too, it comes in handy when used with the standard tips, especially when driving as you don't want to be drip tipping on the move.
    http://paradisevapeuk.vstore.ca/pro...filler-precut-20-pieces/cName/diy-accessories
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fcuk me Slick, i dont want to fall in love with it :lol ....i probably will though
    I want to be off the ecigs too eventually, i was thinking off a 9-12 month plan, then becoming completely nicotine free, maybe :unsure
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

How long you been using them Slick?
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Ehhm, started around March and now vaping more than ever, thing is i didn't want to stop smoking but i didn't want to pay 6 quid a pack either.

I'm gradually cutting down the nicotine intake though, I'm now vaping 20-26mg juice but now I'm mixing my own can gradually reduce that on my own accord.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Atomisers are good for around a month then its preferabe to change them as they gradually become weaker, thats the only consumable really, once you've decided what atty u prefer i.e. either standard or LR , I'll tell u where to get them cheap.

I've just bought 20 for around £50 which should be more than a yrs worth, that along with £50 for my nic juice to mix my own comes to about £100 for a yrs vaping, I spent more than that in a month when i was on the fags.
  11. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

:lol @thread

this is good info slick, i had no idea there was so much involved.

whats the vapor juice made from, whys it expensive to make at home?
  12. slick

slick Administrator

It's not that involved Spacecat, it just sounds involved the way i try to explain it:lol, Once you see the actual gizmo in front of you its pretty much self explanatory.

Juice is made from nicotine added to either VG (vegetable glycerin food grade) or PG (Propylene Glycol food grade) or a mixture of both, I should have actually mentioned this to Punter in my earlier post, I go for a 50/50 mix.

Its a lot cheaper to make at home Spacecat, ready mixed juice costs around a fiver for 10mls on average whereas if i mix my own it works out at around £50 for 500mls which i think equates to £1 for 10mls.
  13. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

How are you getting on with it Punter? Ive become addicted to my cheap nasty icig and im looking at upgrading to the 501 slick mentions. Ive been looking about for some rubber/comfort tips for them as i like to hold it between my teeth. Managed to find some at cloud9vaping. As i say i love it and as slick will say i aint seen nothing yet till i get a 'proper' ecig. I can lie in bed with it half asleep smoking. I can sit in folks houses with it. I can smoke it on the bus. I love it.
  14. kompressaur

ah the 901 you say slick? k i will go for that then. I was originally after the Genisis Echo but they seem to be out of stock. Great reviews here as well folks know
    http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/performance e-cigs.html

Why do you prefer dripping than just filling up a cartomiser slick?
  15. kompressaur

baws theyre out of stock. Is Riva just a name liberty flights use for a standard 901 available elsewhere slick? I think i can put them together myself actually
    Category Product Description Unit Price Quantity Total Price
    Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers DSE 901-T Atomizers Titanium DSE 901-T Atomizer - Single £5.99 1 £5.99
    Electronic Cigarette - Cones Riva 901 Cones Black Riva 901 - Cone £3.99 1 £3.99
    Electronic Cigarette - Batteries Riva 901 Batteries Black Riva 901 650mAh Battery - Single £11.99 1 £11.99
    Electronic Cigarette - Chargers Riva 901 Chargers Riva 901 USB Charger £4.99 1 £4.99
    £27 before the promo code. still need a Blank 901-T Cartridge (or 5). I cant see them. oh fuck im up to £50 now.

Category Product Description Unit Price Quantity Total Price
    Low Resistance Atomizers DSE 901-T LR Atomizers Titanium DSE 901-T Low Resistance - Single £5.99 2 £11.98
    Electronic Cigarette - Cones Riva 901 Cones Black Riva 901 - Cone £3.99 1 £3.99
    Electronic Cigarette - Batteries Riva 901 Batteries Black Riva 901 650mAh Battery - Single £11.99 2 £23.98
    Electronic Cigarette - Chargers Riva 901 Chargers Riva 901 USB Charger £4.99 1 £4.99
    and thats without any juice or cartidges. still ive got a battery that last 4 times longer than the starter pack and a faster charger. phew dpown to this now with the code. Im sure i could do it easier mind.

Items £43.29
    Discount 15%
    Discount Savings -£10.34
    Shipping £0.00
    Total £43.29
  16. kompressaur

hows about this one Slick?
    http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1105_1042&products_id=7908

The Joye 510 kit includes:
    2pc Joye 510 atomizers (2.2 ohm)
    2pc Joye 510 manual batteries (150mah) or 2pc 510 auto batteries (220mah)
    5pc Joye 510 Cartridges (Marl 16mg)
    1pc Joye eGo Flat Mini Wall USB Adapter(US/EU)
    (AU or UK plugs are available for UK or Australian customers )
    1pc Joye 510 USB charger
    1pc English Instruction manual

bah its chinese crap. I dont want to buy crap. Ive had a lifetime of buying crap. Ill get it and it will be crap. Im not gonna just buy any old crap. I was a Riva 901 too :(
  17. kompressaur

nah i think that site is selling something thats a copy of the joyetech ecig. Funny enough the site that has the soft tips has some Riva 510's in. Ill just get it there i think. Then i can get my soft tips (oooer) etc all in one big bundle.

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk

sod it im going to bed. Ive been looking into this for about 6 hours :(
  18. kompressaur

sorted slick. Im back at liberty flights. They have a 510t in stock. Im just gonna go for this

Category Product Description Usual Price Your Price Quantity Total Price
    [​IMG] Electronic C Riva 510-T STEEL RIVA 510-T - SE EDITION £33.99 £28.89 1 £28.89
    [​IMG] Mods Drip Tips 510/901 SOFT DRIP TIP - BLACK £1.85 £1.57 1 £1.57

Items £30.46
    Discount 15%
    Discount Savings £5.38
    Shipping £0.00
    Total £30.46
    I know you said not to bother with their juice but i might as well get it all under the one roof for now. Any juice you got from there that was not bad? Just your standard benson flavour ill go for. I wont be ordering it till friday anyhow.

thanks
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

I never got there in the end Komp, i'm still smoking borstals at the moment. I cant believe you're still off them!
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I'm busy at work at the moment, I've found a great place for juice Komp and some good flavours too, I'll dig them out when i get home and post up where tonight as I don't have time right now, it's some place in Poland but off the top of my head can't remember the name.