1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Football Betting: 29th December to 4th January 2017

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Dec 28, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Capture.PNG 1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 6.PNG 7.PNG 8.PNG 9.PNG

Odds Bet365
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've been doing ok lately by backing anybody who play Hull but I don't think I'll have the courage to back Everton at odds on.

Leicester seem to be worth backing against as well so West Ham merit another look.

QPRs price tempts me away to Wolves.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I agree with the Leicester shout Keggers, how they beat Hull I'll never know and I wouldn't take too much from the win at Swansea because they are dire, only benefit I see for the Hammers is Carol being back.
    Leicester are hovering near the relegation zone and they well have it in them to put in a performance when needed as they did against City. evens is a pretty good price too.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Hull aren't playing that badly either, just that they can't seem to score.
    Probably best to leave well alone because Everton aren't exactly pulling up trees even though I expect them to win, but like you say it's not worth the risk @ odds on.

Burnley could be worth another shout at home although I'm expecting my luck to run out on them sooner rather than later lol.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Everton are in my trixie. I cant see anything other than a toffees win.

Got Ross Barkley down as a scorer tonight, too.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Barkley scores but Everton blow my trixie. Well avoided chaps.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

lol, don't worry mate you'll get your money back by backing the Pool tomorrow to dick us, 2.3's is a good price because City struggle to beat Liverpool either at home or away, I can see this being another Leicester because you'll be up and at us from the off and the game will be over before we realise what's hit us.
  8. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Youve got Aguero back Slick, so its not quite the lost cause your predicting mate. Backing btts is the way to go though, as both defences are dodgy. Good luck to anyone predicting the correct score, because it could be anything.
  9. Radoslav

Radoslav Active Member

I dreamed last night that Burnley are playing and the score is 4-1 or 1-4 Im not so sure...
    So 2 small bets on the correct score for me:
    4-1 @ 51 and 1-4 @ 67
    slick, rcgills and Punter like this.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

:eek: that was one hell of a dream, mate :clap:clap:clap
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Nice one Radoslav, if you ever happen to dream the lottery numbers be sure to let us know :clap
  12. Radoslav

Radoslav Active Member

Thanks fellas :) It was not a joke I really dreamed it :)
    I wish everybody Happy New Year !
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Well done Radoslav :beer
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Lol, nice one Rad:thumb
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

For reasons I can't really understand, Bet365 have Gillingham's joint 2nd highest scorer this season, Max Ehmer, at 16/1 anytime scorer or 40/1 first or last scorer. He's a central defender, but always a threat from set pieces, and has got 5 in 23 games this season. Only forward Jay Emmanuel Thomas has scored more than him, and he's level with our other main striker, Cody McDonald, yet according to the odds, Bet365 think he's the least likely to score.

According to Oddschecker the price is around 7/1 at quite a few other bookies, that's probably a touch too short, but 16/1 is huge.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Nice spot RC, you on?
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I was yes. No good this time, one to keep an eye on though.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I reckon Spurs will hold Chelsea tonight.
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Just bumping this up here. Didn't score the week I posted this. Backed him a couple of other games too without any luck. Stopped backing him, and he's gone and scored again in each of our last 2 games :hissyfit. Always a goal threat from set pieces, now our joint top scorer for the season on 7 goals from 31 games, been denied by the woodwork a couple of times in the last few games too. Also worth noting that our defenders are looking more dangerous up front than our strikers. The Gills have scored 8 goals so far in 2017, 4 of them from central defenders (2 for Ehmer, 2 for Oshilaja) and 3 from a defensive midfielder (Josh Wright). Only 1 goal from a striker.

Ehmer still available at 14/1 anytime scorer v Wimbledon on Tuesday night, Oshilaja 11/1 and Wright 17/2 (all Bet365) :thinking
    Punter likes this.