1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League 30th December - 4th January

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by ONEDUNME, Dec 28, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Come on Swansea, fcuk me they've had enough chances, thought they were never going to score. it's well deserved.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Tell me you did.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

I just backed the draw in the end Slick. I've backed them a couple of times for the draw lately, this was just a stakes back bet really :ohwell
  4. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

1-1:thumb
  5. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I've taken West Brom against Everton today. No in depth reasoning other than a few of West Brom's recent strong performances.

I've also nibbled at the Wolves/draw double chance against Chelsea. Yesterday's match illustrated just how flimsy Chelsea are right now.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I've taken albion with Gateshead & Barrow, also taken all 3 not to lose. Taken 2-1 albion with 3-1 Man City, 7 without wanting to sound like Yorkie, both games +2.5 as well
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

A couple more bets added for me, for later and tomorrow.

Aston Villa v Swansea
    Charles N'Zogbia cant be too far away from a goal, he's been playing ok of late and i can see a goal from him soon.
    Anytime Scorer @ 100/30

Man City v Liverpool
    A high scoring game for me this, i think it could be a cracker. Small, correct score punts on...
    Man City 3-2 @ 28/1
    Man City 4-2 @ 66/1
    Man City 4-3 @ 100/1
    Draw 3-3 @ 66/1
    Liverpool 3-2 @ 40/1
    Liverpool 4-2 @ 100/1
    Liverpool 4-3 @ 125/1
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Think Villa look a good bet today. They turned the corner a bit against Stoke & have played more without fear in the last 2 games. Whether the Chelsea result was more about us or them, time will tell, but going on the fact that Swansea struggle in front of goal, which is why I think they'll go down with Blackburn & either Wigan or Bolton, I'm taking Villa.

That said, I think there is a case for the draws today, & I've had a small interest in 4 & 5 folds
  9. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Torres starting for Chelsea today - No Drogba or Sturridge
  10. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Bloody Chelsea! Wolves get a late goal back to cement my double chance bet only for Lampard to scupper it in the dying minutes. What's worse, he should've been sent off. :banghead

Norwich came in though clap I think I was lucky to get this one. QPR would have won had it not been for Barton's sending off.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Just an interest bet on the live game for me, small level stakes...

Anytime and 1st scorer

Riise @ 14.5 & 45
    Senderos @ 19 & 60
  12. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Who the hell is Sendeeeeeros? Do these commentators have an in-joke on the go over who can offer the most exotic pronunciation of a standard name?

The usual favourite is Jagielka - for years pronounced in English, but some clever dick decided to pick up on his Polish lineage. He was born is Sale, Manchester.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol I was just thinking the same Gav. I think you might be right about an in house joke.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Strange, strange weekend
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Always happens this time of the year ODM and its not the end of it yet, after the FA cup at the weekend things should start to get back to normal.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Man City now 5/6, I'll be having some of that.
    Results suggest City have been struggling of late but thats far from the truth as both West Brom and Sunderland were happy to park the proverbial bus and take their chance on the counter.
    Liverpool won't be in the same frame of mind as they are to good for that and an open and expansive game at the Etihad will suit City down to the ground to get their momentum going again.
    Playing at home will give City a huge boost here make no mistake about that.

Should be a great game with both sides giving it a go and I would expect a few goals to boot too.
  17. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Team news out and with Adebayor, Defoe, Bale and Van der Vaart starting, I'm on -1 Tottenham.

Looking at the Liverpool team too, I'm very surprised Dalglish decided to leave out Gerrard and Bellamy for such a big game. OK, Bellamy would probably get sent off, but you at least want to show your intent to win. Carroll and Kuyt won't do that! I'm on City too at 5/6.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Half decent performance from Liverpool but they missed Suarez big time, Henderson seems a waste of space too and does nothing to link up midfield and attack.
    Liverpools passing play looks fine but the final pass is missing, with Suarez missing for eight games (well now seven) it looks like King Kenny will have to dig deep in January if they still have aspirations of a top 4 place.
  19. beamer

beamer Moderator

I know Kenny has had a lumpy bet on City to win the Prem by 10 pts at 8/1. Why else would you leave the three best players to influence the match on the bench with Suarez banned :unsure

I couldn't believe the starting line up, although we did well possession wise, there is a lack of quality.

If a player can only play 30 minutes, why the hell can't they start for 30 mins instead of coming on when the game is over. It's all very well the opposition being tired at the end of the game but pointless if your already down.

Any chance City stop skimping on the ball budget and get some that stay inflated.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I was waiting for soembody to mention the ball excuse, I've just been on the BBC and saw Kenny laff at the same thing. no mention of Reina fcuking up good style.
    I was impressed with Liverpools ball possession and passing from the back through to midfield but then it faultered, either Downing ran 10 yards forward and then reversed the pass backwards or it was a lazy cross into the box.
    You could do with a playmaker like Silva that can give a telling pass and a winger that can cross a ball.

I actually thought Gerrard and Bellamy got under each other feet a bit when they came on as Gerrard wouldn't come away from the left flank, it unbalanced the team and you became a bit one sided, still i reckon if Liverpool had still been playing now you's wouldn't have scored, it just wasn't happening up front.

City did what they needed to do and the differnce being City always looked likely to score when they pressed, Liverpool just didn't have that feel about them, the writing was on the wall when Downing missed that chance early doors, had that gone in it would have been a different game completely.

3-0 flattered City and the 3 points more than welcoming, plus more importantly its the first of one the 'top sides' out of the way with.