1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Euro 2012 Group B Betting

Discussion in 'Euro 2012 betting' started by slick, Mar 26, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Euro 2012 - Group B - Group B Winner
    Germany 2.20
    Holland 2.75
    Portugal 4.50
    Denmark 15.00

To Qualify From Group B
    Germany 1.28
    Holland 1.44
    Portugal 2.25
    Denmark 5.00

Odds William Hill
  2. Love2bet

Love2bet love2bet.blogspot.com

I believe only 5-6 participants of Euro 2012 have an obviously stronger squad than Denmark and unfortunately for them Netherlands and Germany are two of them. Unlucky!

But still, the gap is much bigger than I would expect.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Odds look about right to me L2B, I know Denmark have done it before but they'll be very pushed, in fact I'd say it would take a miracle for them to get out of that group.
    If you think Denmark are stronger that Portugal then you'd be aswell backing Denmark against them as I'm quite sure you would get decent odds.
  4. Love2bet

Hey slick,

I do think my home country are stronger than Portugal, and they keep on proving this for the second qualification campaign in a row. Portugal looks a bit unorganized, unstructured to me. Could have built a better team with the resources they got.

Bad news for the favourites is that they meet in the second round, which makes the last day critical for at least one of them. And when the match is critical... the ball is round (remember Spain and Italy 2004, England 2000 etc)!

But of course I don't dare to assume Germany or Netherlands leave the Euro after 3 matches.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

They may be unorganised but have some fantastic players, any team with Ronaldo in it cannot be dismissed no matter who they play.
    To date they have always failed to impress considering the players they have, Spain were similar for years until they clicked in the last Euro's and look where they are now.

I'll admit Portugal don't have the strength in depth Spain do but they do have world class match winners who on their day are unstoppable, it's just that most of the time in International games they play well below par.

I admit to not knowing much about Denmark as an international team but do know you have a handfull of solid players that wear their heart on their sleeves and it's just a pity Rommedahl isn't five years younger.
    It wouldn't come as a great suprise if Denmark beat Portugal (allthough I wouldn't put money on it) but it would come as a great shock if they beat Germany or Holland.
    Saying that I still remember Euro 92 but lightning doesn't often strike twice.
  6. Love2bet

I would absolutely sign under any of your statements above. Germany have such a classy team and Netherlands are solid as always (and pragmatic like never before).

Now the Danish hope is based on mainly two players - Eriksen and Bendtner. I don't want to say they are future superstars, but defenders like Kjær, Boilesen and Bjelland are really worth to watch. I am more than sure that Denmark is going to steal some points out there.
  7. brendan

brendan New Member

germany v portugal
    i think portugal will struggle to score.
    pinning their hopes on a scrappy lucky goal or a ronaldo free kick.
    germanys recent friendly form has been a bit patchy but they won their last game.
    and usually find form when it matters.
    and have gt about a 60% chance of winning this game
    early games usually point to low scores.
    so i think the value is
    under 2.5 1.93
    and germany to win
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Hi and Welcome to Betnod Brendan.

You have to fancy Germany for the win but I don't know about Portugal struggling to score, any squad with Ronaldo and Nani in the team will create chances.
    Good luck with your picks nevertheless.
  9. brendan

brendan New Member

hi slick and thx,

can you see any value bets in this match?
  10. slick

slick Administrator

First round games are always tricky Brendan as neither side will be looking to give much away, the unders as you mention could be the way to go but nothing about this game would fill me with any confidence, just as I wouldn't be suprised to see Portugal nab a point.
    If i were to bet on this game I would probably go for the unders and a Germany win just like you have picked yourself.
  11. poltmcm

poltmcm dilligaf

I dunno if i agree with tight scoreline here, last 2 games in comps between the pair have brought about high scores Portugal vs Germany Euro 2008 ended 2-3 to Germans and 2006 world cup was 3-1 to Germany. Portugal let 3 in thier last friendly and have the 2nd leakiest defense out of all that qualified letting in 11 (scored 22) Sweden were the worst by 1 goal.

I would predict another 3-1 to Germany in this one
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Match Betting
    09 Jun 17:00 UK Holland v Denmark 1.57 3.75 6.00
    09 Jun 19:45 UK Germany v Portugal 1.91 3.40 4.20