1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

EURO 2012 Match Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2012 betting' started by ONEDUNME, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I wish Young would just get reversed over by the team bus. Two games, zero contribution. The worrying thing is that Walcott's calf might keep him on the bench for the next game and that useless twat might start again.

If he was as good as he thinks he is, England would win the tournament. He was an average player at Villa and he's not even that good for England.

I'm starting to dislike the cunt
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm not getting into an argument with you Slick because I bow to your superior footballing knowledge:zhail but how the fuck you can slate Johnson for getting out of position and then cite Richards as the answer to England's defensive problems is so fucking ridiculous that I just can't resist pointing it out.

No defender in the history of the game has ever spent more time loping back from the opposition's half as Richards. That's why he was dropped for England in the first place. I'll never forget poor old Small Wright-Phillips spending 60 minutes of games covering for the idle cunt while he walked back from every attack that he could join into.

Bad, bad example.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I was thinking the same but there's only Downing on the bench and he wouldn't have done any better, I don't like to keep shouting City's corner but in the friendlys leading upto the Euro's Adam Johnson looked the part in the short time he had on the pitch and would have been an ideal replacement for Young
    Even more so if Hodgson has no Intention of using Downing, either Gerrard has a large say in the England camp or Hodgsons short time at Liverpool has affected his judgement with the amount of average Liverpool players he has brought in.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

That was a couple of yrs ago ODM, under Mancini Richards has come on leaps and bounds and If Hodgson wants a threat going forwards then Richards ability to either hit the byline or brush players off going into the box is twice as effective as Johnsons dilly fcuking dallying with the ball on the edge of the box.
    I'll admit Terry playing alongside him will be a liability as he cannot cover Richards like kompany can but then again he's not covering Johnson either and leaving England wide open.
    Tell you the truth I'd have Richards playing where Terry is now as he's a lot more conservative at CB and a good one at that, and would prove ideal cover when Johnson bombs forward.

Maybe Richards is not an ideal example as both him and Johnson are similar players but Richards is a better defender and attacking wing back than him hence the reason I mentioned him as thats what Hodgson seems to like.
    we've had two games now and in both Johnson has been shocking.
    I'd have Richards on there with Walcott with Instructions not to bomb forwards unless instructed to do so, you can't do that with Johnson as he's a shit defender. He might have made a couple of good tackles tonight but that was onlly because he was found wanting and out of position in the first place, had he been doing his job correctly they wouldn't have been needed.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Agreed. To be thrown forward late on if we're a goal down, for set pieces and maybe hang around to make a nuisance of himself while someone covers him at the back. No doubt he was at his worst a couple of years ago Slick but I still see that urge in him to get forward even now when he plays for City (which he can afford to do with the quality that they have in the team - but England don't have that quality). Pity, because if he limited himself to his defending role he'd be a shoe in with the choices that we have at the moment.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Anyhow thats if's and maybe's.
    Currently we have a huge problem with Johnson and Terry on the right hand side of defence that needs sorting out.
    Phil Jones one way or another with his energy needs putting in there, preferably for Terry if Hodgson likes his fullback pushing forward.
    it won't win us the tournament but will make us a lot more effective defensively.

It's a shame we have a problem on the right really as Baines is more than capable providing cover on the left, in fact I'd be tempted to let him have a go on the right like Germany do with Lahm.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Could have done if he'd actually played that position more than once this year.

Of course it's not Fergie's job to help England out but, as I've been saying all season, he should probably have played Jones in the position that he's actually best at instead of having him hacking players down in midfield and firing shots over the bar against shit opposition. Would have been best for United in the long run (may have even saved them the title) and, as a byproduct, would have benefited England.

I expect to see Jones develop this coming season - IN A FUCKING DEFENSIVE ROLE - but I have zero confidence on him being dropped into this set up at this stage
  8. winrew

winrew GILF

Milner was a liability ..
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Milner hasn't been great for either game but he's a bit lumbered by having to babysit Johnson.

Fact is, there is nobody in that squad who can do what Milner is doing whilst Johnson is playing. Stick any other player in that position and there will be more room on Englands flank than Harold Shipman's waiting room.
  10. winrew

winrew GILF

11. slick

slick Administrator

Germanys full backs go forward whether in front, a goal down or just kickiing off.they play at a constant tempo knowing it wins them games.

England for some strange reason play at a constant tempo until they take the lead then sit back no matter who they are playing instead of keeping it up and killing teams off.
    Thats why we never progress and make things hard for ourselves, tonight was a prime example.
    Most of the Swedish players tonight at one time or another have played in the prem but none were world beaters or should have caused cause for concern (a bit like ourselves really lol), yet after we took the lead England let them dominate and as usual what should have proved an easy three points turned out to be a hell of a struggle.

I'll give Ibrahimavic his dues albeit 10 yrs too late, for the first time at this level he's shown what he's about as for all the times I've watched him previously over the years I've never seen him shine and wondered what the fuss was all about.
    He looks like he has bulked up and finally using his strength to his advantage, I would normally say it's just a pity it's 10 yrs too late but he's made more money out of the game than he had any right to.
    And what was that spat with Hart all about? again; I've never seen him show passion like that before as he always seems pretty much subdued.
    Bulking, strength, aggression , if I didn't know better I'd say he was on................................:lol
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Milners tried but he's not a winger, In fact I don't even think he or I knows what he is , he's like a Journeyman of the footballing world.
    At this level you need players that are the best in their position, Milner is just a bundle of energy that will run and run all day long now and again producing a bit of brilliance.

If you want to win something you need consistancy with players that produce week in week out at near enough the same level, Milner is handy to have on the bench as he can play in a variety of positions and always gives 100%.

Like you ODM I'm more concerened about Young who has given us fcuk all so far in this comp. I know I've knocked Johnson but at least he's trying.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Jones was bought as a CB and that was his postition at Blackburn, it's only because of Uniteds Injury problems and Jones versatility and ability as a footballer that Fergie played him out of position, that actually says a lot about the player as Fergie is no mug allthough I did say at the time it would could well burn him out and knock his confidence which it did.
    Going back to CB wouldn't be a problem for Jones, It's his natural position and I'm sure he'd welcome it.
    He won't be the answer to our problem as he's only a young lad and still learning but he'll do a better job than Terry and giving him experience at this level can only benefit England in the future.
  14. don vito

don vito New Member

LATER!!!
    Russia vs Greece
    Poland vs Czech Republic

any ideas on which teams to bet on and where to get the best odds?
  15. winrew

winrew GILF

16. slick

slick Administrator

I'll go for Russia and Poland Don allthough the Polish match could be a tight affair but I'm expecting home advantage to squeeze them through.
  17. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Greece should not be 16s and 34s for the 1-0 and 2-0 on betfair
  18. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

And betting on 1-1 in the Poland game on betfair wont actually be value but its a good postional bet don vito
  19. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm backing Holland to beat Portugal tomorrow. Although the Dutch camp seem to be in a similar position to the French last WC with in fighting and not playing as a team but against both the germans and the danes they created enough chances to win both games hands down. They should have been at least 2 up against Germany.

Not scoring chances in these 2 games doesnt make you a bad team.
  20. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

If Greece and the Czechs qualify from this group it'll be a crying shame