1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

EURO 2012 Match Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2012 betting' started by ONEDUNME, Jun 6, 2012.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

At the top of this site Bet365 seem to be quoting Spain at 4-6 and Croatia at 7-1.

That cant be right?
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Croatia at 7s would be a v good bet
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

OK,15-2 available with Stan James and Lads are 3/4 Spain.......hmmm
  4. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

blimey 9-1 Croatia now.
    Clearly the market disagreed with me.
    At that price Ive got to have a bet...with a hedge on 1-1.
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

and surely Ireland will put in a performance and are worth a bet at 8s
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

but maybe not at 13-2!
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

?? Bloody hell-just bought todays Racing Post and Ireland were generally 10-1 this morning-even 11 with one bookie.

but they were 13-2/6-1 after just 5 mins.
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've missed the 10/11 and 5/6 about Portugal but I still cannot see them not progressing. The Czechs were lucky to qualify from their original group because a dodgy decision at Hampden cost us.

I still cannot see how they qualified along with Greece from the group but them are the breaks
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I'll go along with Portugal allthough I thought the Czechs did very well to get out of the group stages after initially getting thumped by the Russians 4-1, still i reckon it was the weakest group in these finals.
    Portugal though seem to be going from strength to strength with Ronnie finally looking the part at International level.
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Portugal & Germany double @ 6/4 with ladbrokes. Don't mind if i do. :hope
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

How tall is that bloke with shearer :eek
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I turned it off as soon as the match finished as I can't be doing with all the England hype thats starting to surface lately, we've done well qualifying for the quarters anything from here on in will be a bonus as they have got as far as I expected them to with the squad we have at the moment. Hodgson deserves a big pat on the back for getting us this far.

I thought Portugal did ok tonight with the Czechs making them look a lot better than they really are but with that forward line they will trouble any team in this comp, they got off to a slow start against Germany but are steadily progressing with Ronaldo looking unplayable at the moment, even Nani looks to have hit top form after an up and down season at United.
    If as expected they meet Spain in the Semis; then we should be in for a cracker of a match.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Funny that, I was going to post the same thing about the first bit and the opposite of the second bit. I'm sick of hearing about what a great job Hodgson is doing and how he hasn't put a foot wrong yet when all we've done is scrape out of the group. Finished top you say? Sounds good until you consider that we went ahead and then conceeded in the first game, went ahead and conceded in the third game (the goal may be chalked off but the fact that we allowed them to get the ball in the net can't be) and in the middle game, guess what? went ahead and (after a half time panel telling us how shit Sweden were and how they were "there for the taking", we conceded.....twice. Fair enough we won the game in the end but the fact that Hodson is getting so much praise is entirely down to the lowering of expectation before the tournement. Four years ago the press would have been slaughtering a team performing like this but these bloke has apparently got everything right. If we'd have conceded a late goal to France he would have been blamed for bringing on an inexperienced player like Henderson with 12 minutes to go in a vital match that we couldn't afford to lose. We won - was it a good decision? No, it was fucking stupid.

What really irks me is that England have been piss poor but all I hear on the Radio is that there's no reason we can't go all the way. No reason? I'll give you four very good reasons, Italy, Spain, Germany and Portugal. I've even heard people on the radio saying we're doing so well because everyone is English and they are all singing the national anthem. What a load of utter tosh. It's likely that we will need to beat two of the teams I've mentioned if we want to win it. Is that likely? Is it fuck.

So yeah, as I said, I agree that I'm fed up with the hype but I think the guy has more than enough credit when, without a little bit of fortune (goal disallowed, fluke contact for Welbeck's goal - granted he was swinging a leg and hoping to knock it in the direction of the goal and fair play to him for his quick thinking and reflexes but it could have gone anywhere) the story would have been so different.
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I think Hodgson is lucky, which is not a bad thing :lol I'm not convinced we'll beat Italy, but I have a feeling Germany will have a blip. Are they good enough to win all the qualifiers then all the tourney games? No.
    I said portugal at the start with Ronaldo top scorer & I'll stick with it
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I said exactly that the other day (can't remember if it was on here or another forum). Germany WILL have a blip but, provided it's early enough in a game when they eventually go behind in a match, they are good enough to come back and either win or go through in extra time. England are a bang average team with a good team spirit and that's not to be knocked. It's what we should have been aiming for for the the past decade, building up a TEAM and not expecting to win just because our players play in the so called "best league in the world" - where, incidently, they are surrounded by world class foreign players who make most of them look better than they are.

Sunday's game could go either way. I even think we could run around a lot and (given a hell of a lot of luck and a good referee) maybe hold the Spanish or Portugese to a draw but that's mainly due to the fact that Spain lack a cutting edge (yes I know how that sounds, the best team in the world who scored 4 in the last but one game and scored 20+ goals in the qualifiers but that was against shit like Ireland and Scotland who, with all due respect (i.e, none) were fucking shit.

England v Germany - not a fucking snifter.
  16. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

It was on here ODM in reply to my Italy question.

Funnily enough,since then I have read in the Racing and Football Outlook(by a respected columnist not a letter writer etc)that the Germans dont look anything special.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Did he happen to say which team(s) did look any good?
  18. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I think he was reviewing Germany v Greece so not in that piece no. But,if I find the copy I will see what else he says.
  19. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

He pointed out that Denmark should have had a game-changing penalty and that Portugal matched them for much of their game....
  20. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

An exasperated Alan Green(is there any other kind?) on Radio 5live,

"How did Greece ever get out of the group!?"