1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Europa League Preliminary Round

Discussion in 'Champions League and Europa League betting' started by ThunderCelt, Jul 3, 2019.

1. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I've got a couple of bets for the second legs on 4 July. They're both speculative and outside my comfort zone, so small stakes for interest only.

Cliftonville -1 EH v Barry (7/5, Betfred). Cliftonville were apparently vastly superior in the first leg in Wales, according to both the stats and reports, with Barry putting up a heroic defence. The odds of 1/2 for Cliftonville making home advantage count don't appeal, so I'm hoping they can do a comprehensive job in front of their own fans.

Ballymena/draw away at Runavik (31/40, Betway). Ballymena won the first leg comfortably, 2-0. The bookies have Runavik at around evens to win. I'm the first to admit that Faroe Islands football isn't my strong point, but according to the UEFA rankings there isn't much between the leagues, and Ballymena's 2-0 win in the first leg seems to have been comfortable enough. I just think Runavik seem slightly short.

My stake on Ballymena is slightly higher than on Cliftonville so I get a small profit if one comes in.
    Punter likes this.
  2. ThunderCelt

In Round 1 1st leg time hasn't let me go through the ties so I'm on a straightforward double - Molde and Kilmarnock at 585/1000 with Betway, simply because they should be too strong for Reykjavik and Connah's Quay respectively.
  3. ThunderCelt

Loads of Europa League matches tonight, but being away for a few days means I've not had a chance to look at many matches. The only side I'm on are Kilmarnock -1 EH (V Connah's Quay, 8/13, Boyle). Some stronger sides who have a big lead may be tempted to rotate their squad (Rangers, according to the BBC), but Kilmarnock only have a one goal lead so need to be at full strength. They should have enough for the Welsh team who need to come forward in search of two goals, so may well leave the back unplugged.
    slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck mate.