1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Eurovision 2013

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Steve_uk, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

The choreography spoils what could have been a decent Joy Division Lithuanian entry.
  2. Steve_uk

The first semi-final will take place on 14 May. Out of sixteen countries ten will qualify. The running order is:

1) Austria
    2) Estonia
    3) Slovenia
    4) Croatia
    5) Denmark
    6) Russia
    7) Ukraine
    8) Netherlands
    9) Montenegro
    10) Lithuania
    11) Belarus
    12) Moldova
    13) Ireland
    14) Cyprus
    15) Belgium
    16) Serbia

I think Denmark will win this semi-final,and Netherlands,Russia,Estonia,Belarus,Moldova and Ukraine should be safe.

This leaves three places for the rest. I've chosen Serbia,Croatia and Slovenia but it's really anyone's guess at this stage.
  3. Steve_uk

In the second semi-final the running order is:

1) Latvia
    2) San Marino
    3) FYR Macedonia
    4) Azerbaijan
    5) Finland
    6) Malta
    7) Bulgaria
    8) Iceland
    9) Greece
    10) Israel
    11) Armenia
    12) Hungary
    13) Norway
    14) Albania
    15) Georgia
    16) Switzerland
    17) Romania

The bookies have Norway as winning this one,but I think Georgia might pull a surprise. I have San Marino,Azerbaijan,Israel,Switzerland and Finland qualifying alongside. That's three places left which I'm going to allot to Greece,FYR Macedonia and Malta.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Some nice reviews there Steve, I'll have a listen to the songs when I get a chance this week sometime.
  5. Steve_uk

Thank you slick. I was beginning to think I was the April Fool..
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Far from it Steve, that's a smashing job you have done there.
    I was going to start a thread myself but nobody seemed interested this yr.
  7. Steve_uk

Did you think it was all over? Far from it;it's only just begun. Denmark may have had the best rehearsal so far,but Daphne Du Maurier would be pleased with Netherlands Anouk.
  8. Steve_uk

Day 2 of the rehearsals. One hopes that Ireland has done enough to qualify.
  9. Steve_uk

10. Steve_uk

11. Steve_uk

12. Steve_uk

For those of you suffering from withdrawal symptoms already from the rehearsals here's Jessica UK's(no relation)thoughts so far:
  13. slick

slick Administrator

I've still not had time to look at these yet Steve but will do b4 the final, which reminds me, when is the final?
  14. Steve_uk

The Final is one week tomorrow Saturday 18th May. The semi-finals are on Tuesday and Thursday next week at 8pm on BBC 3.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

lol, cheers Steve.
    Looks like I have a busy week ahead then.
  16. Steve_uk

Rehearsals continued on Saturday. It looks to me as if Hungary,Malta,Bulgaria and Latvia are out.Greece, Albania,Armenia,Iceland,Israel and Romania are fighting for qualification. Video comments are not mine.
  17. Steve_uk

I've managed to find a snippet of Sunday's rehearsals including Bonnie Tyler for the UK.
  18. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

I am here and interested in gambling tips :lol

Thanks for the write ups steve, ill place some bets before the kick off and also during the final depending how they all go. Dunno who to go for yet but I'm not touching anything shorter than 15s!
  19. Steve_uk

You're welcome Jezza but I have to warn you that I'm regarded as rather amateurish at this competition and you might get better tips on escbet(at the top of the home page)where many there would disdain my humble efforts.
  20. Steve_uk

Looking for an alternative to oust clear favourite Emmelie de Forest for Denmark(who should win tomorrow's qualifying semi-final on BBC3 at 8pm) I was looking at the Italian entry sung by Marco Mengoni. I've only seen a snippet of his live performance so far and as his country has automatic qualification he will not show in the two semi-finals this week,but from what I've seen he could give Emmelie a run for her money.