1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Eurovision 2013

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Steve_uk, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

pfffff mate dont put yourself down. Anyone who claims to be an uber eurovision gambler needs their head examined anyway!

If we win, we win and if we lose well its fun to go down w the ship right? :lol
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

The ten qualifiers from the first semi-final are:Moldova,Lithuania,Ireland,Estonia,Belarus,Denmark,Russia,Belgium,Ukraine and the Netherlands. This leaves Austria,Slovenia,Croatia,Cyprus,Montenegro and Serbia out of this year's contest. The boys of Ireland,Belgium and Lithuania respectively were buoyed by the teenage girl vote who put them through at the expense of the girls,apart from the "anything the Russian grannies can do we can do better" Croatian group whom nobody it seems voted for either.
  3. Steve_uk

It's not looking good for the UK as Bonnie Tyler does her best laden down with backing singer zombies and poor choreography. The only slight solace is that many other entries have also got their choreography wrong this year,with the exception of Denmark and Albania. The second semi-final is tomorrow night Thursday BBC3 8pm.
  4. Steve_uk

The ten qualifiers from the second semi-final are:Azerbaijan,Finland,Malta,Iceland,Greece,Armenia,Hungary,Norway,Georgia and Romania. The female performers from San Marino and Israel lost out by not singing in English. Greece gained their place in the final by dint of their men in skirts gimmick,the Icelandic young man had a sincere stage presence with a mane of blond hair to boot,the Maltese guy won people over with his smile,the Armenian entry progressed because of some good guitar chords,and God knows how Hungary got through.

As far as the final is concerned I have already earmarked the top 10 which I will place in rank order. Unfortunately the UK remains outside and in theory could end up with no points if my predictions come true,though surely Ireland will prevent that from happening. My prediction for the final is:

1) Denmark 2) Russia 3) Sweden 4) Norway 5) Azerbaijan 6) Netherlands 7)Ukraine 8) Italy 9) Georgia 10) Finland
  5. Steve_uk

6. Brett Favre

Brett Favre New Member

Eurovision is not my first choice when it comes to betting, but I already placed a bet on Denmark to win, as have done countless of other viewers. Has anyone placed a bet on other performers and why?
  7. Steve_uk

Hi Brett. I think your money is safe with Denmark but probably not so profitable. I'm not experienced in the betting side of things but I think this year might be an occasion to bet a 1-2-3 as there aren't many songs which I believe will finish in the top 5. I might recommend Denmark-Russia-Sweden or Denmark and perm two others from Russia,Sweden,Azerbaijan,Ukraine, and Norway,though I don't fancy the latter two countries personally. The Italian guy has lost his chance by not performing at the piano,and I think wearing a wig doesn't help his chances either.
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Interest only bets for me, but going with the following 3 -

ICELAND ( Outright, without Denmark and on the handicap )
    SWEDEN
    GEORGIA
  9. winrew

winrew GILF

Got on Denmark @ EVS , the other day , now into 4/5.
    Took a couple of place bets ( top 4 )
    Holland @ 4/1
    Bonnie @ 22/1 :unsure
    You never know ...
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Don' think ICELAND should have been out at 125/1. Certainly a decent performance.
  11. winrew

winrew GILF

Wasn't bad at all ..
  12. winrew

winrew GILF

Greece ............ :eek
  13. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

In running Bet365 have DENMARK at 2/5. ICELAND now drifted to 150's. UK at 100's. GREECE available at 20's
  14. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Not unhappy with my GEORGIA bet either, but according to the betting looks like they are all playing for 2nd place
  15. winrew

winrew GILF

3/1 for a top 4 place ( Betfred )
  16. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Ended up being late to the party and have taken Ukraine, Greece and Iceland for lols...baffles me how short Denmark are, seems totally ridic!

Good luck everyone! (in b4 rigged as fcuk voting)
  17. winrew

winrew GILF

Here we go ........... My favorite part :)
  18. Steve_uk

She ducked the high note at the end and paid the price. No real surprises at the result apart from maybe Sweden.
  19. Brett Favre

Brett Favre New Member

Hi Steve. Thanks a lot for the feedback, you mentioned Azerbaijan might end up either second or third, which I did not consider for a possibility, but in the end that proved to be the case. And Ukraine, too, has put up an amazing performance.
    What do you think about the upcoming Champions' League final, though? I'm willing to bet on a Bayern win, but they didn't look so amazing during their last confrontation against Dortmund........
  20. Steve_uk

Sorry can't comment on the football but there will be plenty of views on offer if you ask in the main forum. Yes the Eurovision was a possible 1-2-3 year with Denmark as a banker. The choreography was sharpened up in the Azerbaijan entry with the guy in the box,hence the second place.