1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Extreme weather on its way (for a change)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ONEDUNME, Oct 1, 2016.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

After hearing forecasts time after time after time over the summer that long periods of heatwaves were about to hit Britain (not one of which materialised) it's now time for the people who have fuck-all to do to start spouting bollox about Russian style winters and 20 feet of snow or whatever other shite they come up with.

They'll get one right eventually (out of about 20 or 30) but despite all the money and technology, do they really have any idea what they're talking about? It doesn't look like it to me.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/weath...-zero-temperatures/ar-BBwQz7J?ocid=spartanntp

UK weather: Britain faces four months of snow as forecaster predicts long winter with sub-zero temperatures
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

My mate who reads the Express comes out with this crap every spring and autumn. He's convinced but when I point it out that they go it wrong for the last ten years he ignores me.
    The Met office long range forecast is only for a month and this is an example of sensible wording regarding weather prediction.

"There is currently low confidence for the forecast during the second half of October, however the most likely scenario is for changeable conditions to dominate across most parts"
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Same traeth. It drives me bloody crazy. They'll come out with shit like "It's supposed to be cloudy this morning, brightening up at 2 oclock with showers at half past 5" . I'm screaming "Are you fucking serious? What about last week when they told us to make sure we had our suntan lotion on and there was hailstones and a force 10 blizzard?" I might as well talk to myself. Honestly! I think they do the fucker to wind me up sometimes.

There was one occasion when three different people were checking out the weather on their breaks at work on the computer and phone and they had three different fucking outlooks for midday at our location and not one of the fuckers was right. There's one cunt who, when I point out that they've got it wrong for the last 20 days in a row says, well that was the BBC, I get my weather from the local radio. Where the fuck does she think the local radiostation get the fucker from? They're operating from a closed down carpet fucking shop - does she think they've got a sattelite in the back room that they flirt up every day to see what the fucking weather is doing?

I don't know why it winds me up but it fucking does.
  4. bluek

bluek New Member

Its forecast snow tomorrow ODM.
  5. bluek

bluek New Member

Sorry, its bake off, so i'm bored.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm forecasting you won't be watching that shit in five years time anyway. Channel 4 have just bought the world's most expensive fucking tent.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  7. bluek

bluek New Member

I'm not watching it now........
  8. slick

slick Administrator

If you want to know what the weathers going to be like ask Howson, he's like a Human Barometer, I won't drive more than 5 miles from home without asking him first 'is it safe to travel'.