1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Fabio gone.........

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by winrew, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Oe dven Gazze? Is he Dutch?

The last Dutch manager we had was a disaster. Spent all his last match sheltering under an umberella
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

TOP SIX ENGLAND MANAGER RECORDS

Pld​
    Won​
    Draw​
    Lost​
    Win %​

Fabio Capello

Sir Alf Ramsey

Glenn Hoddle

Ron Greenwood

Sven-Goran Eriksson

Sir Walter Winterbottom

3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Irrelevant.

Sir Alf Ramsey has got the only stat that counts.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

That didnt come out very well :lol still at least I cant get picked up on my spelling.......

Well, can only go on the evidence of the tweets but the players seemed to support him, as they did Sven. yes hes walked but hes been hounded out by the press in reality. As when sven went, the clamour is for an english coach when there isnt a good enough one available, & I like 'arry
    All this has to be English rubbish is absolute bollocks, it needs to be the best man for the job, unfortuneately that wont happen. Redknapp would be barmy to take it, he isnt good enough. any chance we had (a lot longer than 10's) is now gone imo & I think you are all deluded if you think different
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

If being dead is no impediment to getting the job, I'd rather we brought back Sir Alf Ramsey.
  6. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

isnt just me saying it then
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

No, unfortuneately it isnt. All this nationalistic shit is just that, shit. Harry redknapp outwitting Italy & Germany? Last one out turn the lights off
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

That's bollocks.

If England were to win a major trophy, us as a country would be reminded forever that we didnt really win it, a foreigner had to win it for us.
    How could we be proud of that.
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I agree with Punter - not sure we agree for the same reason, but I agree the manager should be English. I don't think the best candidates for the job are English, I think there must be at least a dozen managers I'd put ahead of any Englishman in terms of being the best person for the job, but that's not the point.

For me, the whole point of international football is that it's supposed to be the best your country has to offer. If the best your country has to offer isn't good enough to win anything, well that's tough shit, you get on with working on the next generation and try to make sure they will be good enough. We can't tell Victor Valdes he'll never get a game for Spain all the time Casillas is playing, so why not come and play for us. We can't tell Gareth Bale he'll never play in the finals of a major tournament all the time he's with Wales, and that he'd be better off playing for England. Why - because they're not English. It'd be great to be able to go picking and choosing who you want in your side regardless of their nationality, but that's what club football's for. The manager is just as much a part of the team as the players, and if you can't pick foreign players, you shouldn't be allowed to pick a foreign manager, simple as that.

The only possible exception that I wouldn't object to would be for "lesser" (for want of a better word) footballing nations to be allowed foreign managers/coaches in an attempt to help them to develop and improve. Where you'd draw the line as to what constitutes a "lesser" nation though, I don't know.
    Punter likes this.
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

If you think this is the same England as a country that won the WC in 1966 then I feel sorry for you, Punt. It was quite obvious that McLaren was appointed to follow Sven because he was English, no other reason, & he wasnt good enough. The same will happen again. Nobody decent will want the job anyway because of the FA & the press as its like living in a prison cell. No English manager is good enough tactically.
    All this Harrys brilliant at psyching up players...one word....Keegan, though Harrys a better manager than that.
    I cant agree with your comment Punt, the job needs to go for the best available manager. Englands are simply not good enough. this is not the same country that it was
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Where's your pride Swoop?

Rc is better with words than me, his post covers it better.

And if cappello was so fucking good what happened in S.Africa 2010?
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Ah, now thats a different matter entirely, as if that was the case I'd agree with it, but its not, I'm being told we stand a better chance of doing well simply because the manager is English rather than foreign. Okay then, we'll appoint a second rate manager rather than a first rate one. Tally ho chaps, over the top, lets throw 70,000 troops at them in a day & we'll win because we're English. Laughable
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm as proud an Englishman as the next man, punt, so dont accuse me of not being, but the argument, & most other peoples, is ridiculous
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fuck off, you know i dont.

I just want to be able to support England, knowing it's England
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

These players are absolute primadonnas. We tried Keegan & we're a generation on from that. they need tactics, not nationalistic shit because those days are gone. Theyre mercaneries, nothing more. If it was you & me Punt, thats different, we'd give our left arm to play, these fuckers have that & are quite happy to give it away at the drop of a hat.

Wayne Bridge, Paul robinson
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Fine, then we wont improve
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Think you'd better read my post again Swoop, you've completely misread it :unsure As I said, there are at least a dozen managers I'd put ahead of any Englishman as the best man to take over. We won't win anything with an Englishman in charge (out of the ones currently available), I've no doubt about that. Let's put it this way - don't read my post as a plea to the FA to appoint an Englishman. Read it as a plea to FIFA to make a rule whereby all countries have to select a manager from their own country. That's the whole point of international football. Club football is about picking and choosing the players/managers you want whatever country they may come from. International football is about making the best of what you've got. Or rather it doesn't appear to be any more, but it bloody well should be.
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Dont remember getting this vocal on anything for a while actually so I guess I'll take a chill pill, as we obviously aint gonna agree
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Like we didnt under Capello and that swedish ponce
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah, you've got me mad now swoop, i'm gonna launch this fucking laptop up the wall now 1....2....3.......