1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by slick, Aug 5, 2011.

1. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

I always hated that new posts box. :lol It's a specific addon for vbulletin though and I'm pretty sure doesn't exist for this software as yet (I was looking through the addons earlier and there's hardly anything of use).

I was always happy simply clicking the "new posts" link, Gav although the one on here is really irritating me as it doesn't list all the latest posts. Just... threads you haven't read I think. You have to then click "show all recent messages" which I would rather have in the menu.
  2. MickeyPaul

3. fc basher

fc basher Member

Forums coming along nicely,very neat and presentable :thumb
  4. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I have found this... it's gobbledegook to me, but to you perhaps a little more...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-top-x-stats.6334/page-2
  5. MickeyPaul

Hmmmm. Maybe, Gavster. I'll look into that one. As far as I can tell it's very similar to the one we had on TDP. Damn you and your eagle eyed ways! :lol Seems you can put it in the sidebar too though... interesting.
  6. MickeyPaul

I've removed that silly "Staff Online" block from the sidebar. Pointless waste of space in my opinion but if anyone wants it back just say.
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I miss the 'new posts'button, & this version on here I find very pissoffable

Somebody, can't remember who, liked the 'staff online' bow, thought it was Slick :unsure
  8. MickeyPaul

I've mentioned a couple of times the "new posts" button, Swoop. It should be easy for us to add it though. I'll sort it. I'm just looking at a widget thing which puts latest threads and various other things into the sidebar too. Also looking into getting a bookie menu somewhere.
  9. MickeyPaul

10. MickeyPaul

That newest posts in the sidebar thing isn't what I was expecting either. Sigh. I'll keep looking.
  11. MickeyPaul

I can maybe edit it and have a play about though... I hope it's not annoying anyone.
  12. MickeyPaul

It's not too bad this really is it? (the new posts in the sidebar thing)
  13. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

It's a decent effort mickey :thumb
  14. MickeyPaul

:lol The main issue really is that it's always me all the way down the fucking thing. If more people were active then it would be less embarrassing from my point of view.
  15. Miss Marple

Miss Marple New Member

Might I suggest a few potted plants be discreetly arranged about the forum? I find that they bring a cheerful dash of colour to even the most sombre of settings, especially now that the evenings are drawing in. I favour African Violets myself. Mrs Jamieson - who owns the hairdressers here in my little village - cultivates them and very kindly makes a cutting for me from time to time. Of course, there is no requirement that they should have to be African Violets - but still.
  16. Jessica Fletcher

Jessica Fletcher New Member

Marple!? OMFG! lol Small world. I come here to meet young boys too. What are we like eh? A pair of sluts. lol I've been memorizing league two stats, hoping to impress. Hey, everyone will think there's been a murder or summat. lol Fuck me. Imagine their faces. Whoever Manure (my boyz!) are playing eh? "There's been a murder!" lol Call Marple and Fletcher. Cagney and who? lol​

I agree with the potted plants. Plus 10 rep to you or whatever it is they say these days. lol Who do Rochdale have this week? Doh! lol​
  17. Miss Marple

Miss Marple New Member

Well, I'm sure that's very nice dear, but impersonating a fictional character is a little tiresome don't you think?

Especially when one does it badly.
  18. MickeyPaul

Aye. The accent is soooo fake. Wasn't she in betnod and broomsticks actually? Weird coincidence.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Have you got a team that you follow Miss Marple, who do you support? :)

Betnod and Broomsticks Mickey :lol clever that.
  20. Miss Marple

Miss Marple New Member

I'm afraid I must confess that I don't follow any particular team nowadays. Many years ago I did pay attention to the results of the Much Benham Irregulars, but alas they disbanded after the war. There weren't many of them left, you see.

Perhaps a few potted geraniums would be a suitable compromise?